🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ridgby

Gooby

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132588/

From IMDB:

Imagine if you'd had a six-foot tall monster to help you through the rough times when you were 11! Willy is terrified about moving into the family's new house. He's convinced it's filled with evil space aliens out to get him. In response to his wish for someone to save him, Gooby comes to life as a loveable, full-size, scraggly, orange, furry creature who in fact seems more frightened of the world than Willy. The two have hair-raising adventures and learn something about the power of friendship. In the end, Gooby fulfills Willy's initial wish by bringing Willy and his dad together in a touching and exciting climax.

This is what the monster looks like.

904blog_gooby.gif

He is nightmare fuel. This is not a horror movie.

gooby06.jpg

I don't even understand how they filmed a whole movie with this bear with nobody stopping and going "Uh, guys, this thing is creepy as fuck."

• Like 2

If I wasn't so attached to my DiscoHoff avatar, I'd totally use that bear's face.

Robbie Coltrane in a dime store bear costume.

I'm not sure I'd even know where to start looking for the higher-end bear costumes...

• Like 1

gooby06.jpg

I don't even understand how they filmed a whole movie with this bear with nobody stopping and going "Uh, guys, this thing is creepy as fuck."

Yoinks! 'Hi, I'm Gooby, the molesting bear.'

may I ask is that a boy or a girl in that picture with gooby?

btw at amazon.com site. it has a list of other items besides this movie that I found very interesting.

2qidapw.jpg

• Like 1

Whoa, this is from 2009?!?! I thought for sure this was going to be late-80s/early90s and not made within the past 5 years!

Coltrane is just the voice of Gooby, so at least I don't have to feel secondhand embarrassment at the thought of him wearing that stupid costume.

Ugh, I thought I had finally put this monstrosity out of my mind.

Seriously, when I randomly came upon the trailer a few years ago I thought it was an unused Conan bit

Sign in to follow this