🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Lamenstein

Deep Blue Sea

I think it meets the criteria - big names, its not boring, lots of WTF moments, but it really is an enjoyable movie!

I agree this movie is a blast to watch. I've watched it like 100 times and it never gets old. It's completely underrated.

I agree too. And it has LL Cool J rapping "Deepest Bluest- my rhymes are like a sharks fin." How could you ask for anything more?

Deepest bluest my hat is like a shark's fin.

• Like 2

Thereafter, anyone getting blindsided immediately after giving a rousing speech is considered to be giving a "Deep Blue" speech.

• Like 1

LL Cool J. Thomas Jane. Sam Jackson. ANd super intelligent sharks. How could this NOT get made?

Great suggestion!

• Like 1

I'm writing Deep Blue Sea/Sharknado crossover slashfiction.

• Like 2

This movie was awesomely bad and Sam Jackson's death is one of the best shocks in an action movie. The movie just sort of apes the Jaws series and the idea of a shark with an agenda. Hell, even how the sharks die in this movie mimic how the sharks die in Jaws: one is blown up with gas, one is electrocuted, and the other is unrealistically blown up with an arrow.

Yet the best part of this movie is how the main female doctor dies. Apparently she was supposed to live in the first cut of the movie, but when the crew saw the visceral reaction viewers had towards her, they re-shot the ending so that she would have a audience pleasing death. Because let's face it, the reason almost everyone dies in this movie is because of her dumb ass.

• Like 1

there's a thread on this

I'm guessing without a hook on the end.

• Like 1

Deep Blue Sea needs to be on this show! It is completely bonkers.

• Super-smart sharks
  • Most jaw dropping scene you will ever see in a movie.
  • The best speech Samuel Jackson has ever given in a movie.
  • 2 future Marvel Super Heroes (Nick Fury and the Punisher)
  • Renny Harlin
  • token rapper (LL Cool J)
  • Prison break (by the sharks!)

• Like 1

Deep Blue Sea needs to be on this show! It is completely bonkers.

• Super-smart sharks
  • Most jaw dropping scene you will ever see in a movie.
  • The best speech Samuel Jackson has ever given in a movie.
  • 2 future Marvel Super Heroes (Nick Fury and the Punisher)
  • Renny Harlin
  • token rapper (LL Cool J)
  • Prison break (by the sharks!)

So WHICH scene is the most jaw-dropping? It's got a couple.

• Like 1

So WHICH scene is the most jaw-dropping? It's got a couple.

Sam Jackson's death of course. He's the one guy you know is going to live b/c he's the big star and then Bam! Eaten during his rousing speech.

Personally, LL Cool J saying 'You ate my bird' before killing a shark was my favorite scene in the movie. Anything involving Ladies Love Cool James in relation to this movie is fantastic, his ending credits song was fantastic and I want it to be my wedding song.

• Like 1

Honestly the way this movie fucked with preconceived notions was hilarious. Sam Jackson starts giving his hero's speech and up until the second his ass got eaten by a shark you totally believed he was going to a far more integral part of the action.

Then they almost have you believing the shark trainer guy is going to end up with the scientist lady and theyre going to end up as the last two alive. NOPE. Its him and L.L. Cool J floating away as the happy couple.

• Like 1