🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
AbeFroman

Possible HDTGM Spin Off Podcast Idea: The Cannon Library

Given the number of Golan-Globus films already covered (Masters of the Universe, Apple, Bloodsport, Lifeforce, etc) in classic episodes as well as the numerous ones in the bad movie recommendations, the Cannon library could be mined for its own series.

Just look at the number of Cannon ninja films alone that populate the Bad Movies recommendations. Also, anyone who has watched the fantastic Cannon documentary, Electric Boogaloo, knows that virtually every title that Golan and Globus cranked out in the 80s is tailor made for the HDTGM treatment.

Death Wish 3? King Solomon's Mines? Invasion USA? Bolero? Breakin'? Breakin 2? Cyborg? There is literally a bottomless pit of comedy that would make for a fantastic podcast unto itself.

Given the number of Golan-Globus films already covered (Masters of the Universe, Apple, Bloodsport, Lifeforce, etc) in classic episodes as well as the numerous ones in the bad movie recommendations, the Cannon library could be mined for its own series.

Just look at the number of Cannon ninja films alone that populate the Bad Movies recommendations. Also, anyone who has watched the fantastic Cannon documentary, Electric Boogaloo, knows that virtually every title that Golan and Globus cranked out in the 80s is tailor made for the HDTGM treatment.

Death Wish 3? King Solomon's Mines? Invasion USA? Bolero? Breakin'? Breakin 2? Cyborg? There is literally a bottomless pit of comedy that would make for a fantastic podcast unto itself.

it was the release of electric boogaloo that inspired paul and the gang to cover movies like the apple. paul discussed it in a mini or two. they covered a few canon/canon-esque movies at the time but they were very difficult to find and after about 3 of them i think people were ready to move on. i think another series like that would be though going but i'd love to dip back in to the cannon library every now and again cause there's some fun looking movies there.

but if they do then i hope they try to use the more readily available titles. i got abit huffy in the forums if i remember correctly. i live in ireland and our VOD options suck compared to all the titles available on US Netflix, Prime etc

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this