๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
JulyDiaz

Episode 166 - Timecop: LIVE!

And now I present to you, the most awkward way to hold a horizontal layout photograph

ย 

x2t4ys.jpg

ย 

Or is it the BEST way to hold a photo without leaving fingerprints smudges ;)

• Like 3

Who do you think has a bigger dorsal fin: Jaws or the Gen 2 in Deep Blue Sea?

I think the Gen 2's were specifically engineered to have bigger dorsal fins than Jaws by Reny Harlin.

ย 

... but they don't know what to do with it.

• Like 4

This may have already been brought up, but remember when Rae Dawn Chong realizes they had gone back in time to her birthday and recalls that she had a bad sexual experience with a guy that night; she suggests calling herself to tell her not to do it, but JCVD suggests that she call herself to give the guy some pointers.

ย 

Two questions:

ย 

1. How might the future have been altered had she reached orgasm that night?

ย 

2. If you could call yourself on the night you lost your virginity, what sexual pointers would you give yourself or your partner?

• Like 4

Could...JCVD go back in time and hold himself as a baby?

ย 

ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

ย 

No, he cannot. If similar matter from different time periods come in close contact, they turn into marinara sauce. Have you learned nothing at all?

• Like 5

This may have already been brought up, but remember when Rae Dawn Chong realizes they had gone back in time to her birthday and recalls that she had a bad sexual experience with a guy that night; she suggests calling herself to tell her not to do it, but JCVD suggests that she call herself to give herself some pointers.

ย 

JCVD advised Rae Dawn Chong that a smart woman would call the GUY and give him pointers.

• Like 5

I don't have anything to add to the episode, I just wanted to share the fact that when I produce a document at work that I need to discuss with colleagues, I don't ask for feedback or suggested changes, I ask for Corrections and Omissions

• Like 14

I don't have anything to add to the episode, I just wanted to share the fact that when I produce a document at work that I need to discuss with colleagues, I don't ask for feedback or suggested changes, I ask for Corrections and Omissions

ย 

Totally stealing this.

• Like 8

ย 

JCVD advised Rae Dawn Chong that a smart woman would call the GUY and give him pointers.

ย 

Is that right? Sorry, it's been about a week since I watched it. I edited the post ... the change actually makes the first question more relevant.

• Like 2

ย 

I'd say that you need a theme song, too.

• Like 3

Omfg y'all

ย 

Did we all forget to mention the "dorsal fin" joke? They never mentioned that and it's literally starting this whole movie off with a dick reference AND NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THE DORSAL FIN???

ย 

I am not sure what else to say besides them sitting in this really important meeting and someone in our government has to say that Actor/Activist Ron Silva's dick is bigger.

ย 

(Actually that sounds exactly like what someone in our government would do)

Hz91TMx.gif

• Like 3

ย 

I think the Gen 2's were specifically engineered to have bigger dorsal fins than Jaws by Reny Harlin.

ย 

ย 

VlgXG.gif

• Like 2

ย 

Jaws is very secure with the size of his dorsal fin and has received no complaints.

• Like 7

Jaws is very secure with the size of his dorsal fin and has received no complaints.

ย 

Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif

• Like 8

It seems to me - due to the unpredictability of Timecoppery - there should be some kind of protocol against sending cops back to a time and place they've lived previously. Considering the higher probability that they might run into either their past self or someone they know, it might be advisable to just go ahead and pick someone else for those particular assignments. Certainly, not all TEC Agents are Washington D.C. Townies.

• Like 7

It seems to me - due to the unpredictability of Timecoppery - there should be some kind of protocol against sending cops back to a time and place they have lived previously. Considering the higher probability that they might either run into either their past self or someone the know, it might be advisable to just go ahead and pick someone else. Certainly, not all TEC Agents are Washington D.C. Townies.

Well Rae Dawn Chong is from Colorado, right? She says she was in a different state in 1994 at least.

ย 

What I want to know is there a hierarchy or some sort of division to who gets to go to what period of time? Like instead of having a vice squad and a homicide department they have a "1920s division" and "hippie squad" of agents that are highly trained on a specific time period and its mannerisms and way of speaking. Alternatively maybe you have to run X number of missions in the recent past before you get to do something as big as jump back to the civil war.

• Like 5

When Max carries Mia Sara from the house with the armed bomb inside, he sure takes his sweet ass time. After actor/activist Ron Silva dies, Max has about fifteen seconds to grab Mia Sara and get the hell out of the house. Granted, he might not know how much time is left on the bomb, but some urgency might be in order. You would think that an elite police officer would know that a fireman's carry is far more efficient than a bridal carry, but even if he didn't, he should probably be running down the stairs to get out of the house as quickly as possible. But setting that aside, why not just throw the bomb out the window? It's not very large, and a good athlete should easily be able to throw the bomb a safe distance away. Max knows roughly how powerful the bomb is because he remembers it from his lived experience. He could throw it in a direction opposite from where his unconscious younger self is, so that the house itself can shield him and Mia Sara from the explosion. It doesn't look like neighbors are a problem, either.

• Like 5

But setting that aside, why not just throw the bomb out the window? It's not very large, and a good athlete should easily be able to throw the bomb a safe distance away. Max knows roughly how powerful the bomb is because he remembers it from his lived experience. He could throw it in a direction opposite from where his unconscious younger self is, so that the house itself can shield him and Mia Sara from the explosion. It doesn't look like neighbors are a problem, either.

ย 

And risk the bomb landing on the bird house? I don't think so.

• Like 7

Hey Paul, I think I know why you kept calling actor/activist Ron Silver by the name "Ron SIlva". Were you confusing him with another actor/activist who frequently plays the bad guy? I'm thinking of actor/activist Henry Silva.

ย 

ย 

ย 

There is a slight resemblance.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Perhaps there was a time travel snafu and actor/activist Henry Silva, ended up in the same timeline as actor/activist Ron Silver. I understand that the two actor/activists did meet, but never touched!

ย 

Coincidence? I think not.

First time poster - Hey everyone!

ย 

Although there clearly are many thngs to be confused or brain-melted about in this movie, I cannot get over just how big the back yard is at TimeCop's house.

ย 

He is walking/stalking through that thing for ages....it even begins to look like the friggin jungle from Predator after a while.

ย 

How does he have a suburban street mansion house, which has neighbouring properties but which has acres of garden....that appear to have the clothes line miles and miles away from the back door???

ย 

(Aside from the other question about this scene which is why exactly he abandons them to the fight at the house)

• Like 8

First time poster - Hey everyone!

ย 

hello-gif-2.gif

• Like 7

I don't know if anyone's talked about it, but has anyone seen the pilot for this upcoming show? (It's on Prime Video)

jean-claude-van-johnson-600x410.jpg

Edit: Upcoming show that was first released August 18, 2016 .......

• Like 5

Regarding the plot point that the same matter can't occupy the same space at the same time. Isn't that true for any matter? I think you've got nuclear fusion in that case. But even going by the movie's definition that holding hands counts as occupying the same space but it has to be the "same matter" our bodies are constantly replacing our skin. So unless you went back in time just a few days and shook hands with your past self it isn't the same matter.

I think it's actually worse than that. A law that says "The same matter cannot occupy the same place at the same time" is just another way of saying, "The same matter has to be somewhere else at any given time because it can't be occupying the space where it is." This is a supremely nihilist law of physics that requires that the only space matter cannot occupy is the space the matter is occupying at that moment.

ย 

I get that all science fiction has to invent new physical laws or imagine that today's technological hurdles have been surmounted (Star Wars has The Force, Star Trek has Warp Drive...) but it seems pretty glaring to me that Time Cop's contribution to physics is to forbid existence.

• Like 1

I want to live in a Time Village with Timecop keeping me safe, Doc Brown doing my dental work, Doctor Who doing my general checkups, Ash working at the S-Mart, Bill and Ted as the lovable stoners, and the Terminator.

ย 

Timecop for Timecrimes, and Actor/Activist Ron Silvah for Time President of Time Town.