🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 88 — Vanity Plates! Incest!

After ten weeks ofnerve-wracking Skype calls as part of The Earwolf Challenge, we've got Matt Besser in our living room and we're going to hold HIS feet to the fire for a change! And by that we mean, we ask him about his grocery shopping and find out why he dislikes Domino's Pizza. This is our first episode on Earwolf, so be sure to drop us a line on the forums (as long as you aren't a troll)!

Team Laime are playing with the big boys and as always the cast seems like comfortable, friendly hang. I am very excited to see how the show will grow and change under the earwolf umbrella.

"Forums are like Moshpits." Matt Besser is awesome! I want more Totally Laime and IMPRODCAST!

Whoa, Matt Besser's all over the place today with two shows on Earwolf. This was a fun episode. Welcome to Earwolf, Totally Laime! I can't wait to go back and catch up on your past episodes. I'm also super excited for Matt's new improv podcast. Any chance of throwing the title debate up as an Earwolf poll, Matt? Though you have to be careful when you leave voting up to listeners. Earwolf listeners were wise when voting for Reggie Watts' new CBB theme song, but some of them were unwise in voting that Harris Wittels should be bumped from CBB. Democracy can be a scary thing. By the way, I have to go against the grain on this one. My vote's for Improdcast with Matt Besser.

I too am on the Improdcast bandwagon. PA was right that it's a little on the nose, but what's wrong with that? The show will likely sink or swim - at first - on Matt Besser's name, so I'm all for being on the nose.

Matt has been the most obstructionist guest for 'Laime or Totally Rapidfire,' which was completely appropriate.

I'm really happy Totally Laime won the challenge, they deserved it. I enjoyed this episode, Besser was great, and I also liked Andy's name drop of Wallpaper, a great local music artist from the bay area.

I never got around to listening to the EWC, but I'm think I'm really glad you guys won - I'm listening to the Bryan Safi episode and like 2 minutes in it's already explosively awesome.
Yayyy for having a new podcast back catalogue to chew through.

In response to the Jonah Hill question, I got to go the set of Momeyball, they shot it last August. So he cut that weight fast. Good for him.

Hey new listeners. Here are some of my favorite episodes: 13 Artemis Pebdani; 15 Megan Ganz; 26 Adam Pally; 42 Mike Burns; 43 Harris Wittels; 66 Aubrey Plaza.

Great Earwolf debut, Elizabeth and Andy!

I actually am from a few hours outside St. Louis, which means my biggest connection to the city is having to fly to Lambert International twice a year and wait out all the holiday-related delays.

Also, very excited about the new Besser improv show! I enjoyed the episode of Sound of Young America where Jesse had a few UCB people try long-form on the radio, so it definitely works!

Congratulations. A great first ep. Wish I had more to say but I usually don't post unless I've got something sufficiently trollish to add.

I gotta say this show is pretty shitty. Matt Besser is of course fucking awesome but these two are a complete fucking bore.

Kudos to Besser for logically assesing sibling incest. Not many people have the guts to speak against illogical but deeply entrenched cultural taboos like that. (I'd suggest that if they do some screening to makes sure the DNA doesn't get fucked up, they could have kids, too)
TL was not my favorite pick during the Challenge, but if you can delve into serious issues like that while keeping it entertaining, I'll certianly keep listening.

Now that I've finally gotten to this episode, I want to know that Besser's considered all of his name pun options. Something simple like The Besst Cast works on various levels, and I find that less is more for show titles. I didn't like Going to Crazytown until I realized it's an existing term and thus has depth, so if you run with that title you might want to explain the backstory upfront.
But then, I like Improdcast for being loveably bad-good, so whaddwiknow?
_
(Obviously these forums will be the first place Mr. Besser looks for critical feedback, seeing how well that's gone for him lately, so I know my thoughts here will be taken to heart.)
_
Anywho, I know I'm nerding out too hard, but I just want to say I'm glad you guys slogged it out though what looks like a total horror show over on the Challenge forums. I love the 'cast (and the Oprah Game) and it's made for a fun, totally nonproductive Thanksgiving weekend - and I haven't even gotten to Good's suggested episodes yet.

Good job Elizabeth and Andy and Matt. This was a lot of fun.

I'm super pumped for the Ken Marino episode, Elizabeth. I hope you post another YouTube clip with that episode too. (I'm spoiled by the Villepique and Besser videos!)

why does Elizabeth seem so phony to me?

i want to like this show, but I'm not quite there. some day.

Hi Dan,

Just wanted to say that I appreciate your honesty and we know that we're not for everyone... But let me say that there's nothing phony here - I'm just an enthusiastic and generally pleasant/nice person. I might not seem "edgy" or controversial or anything but I'm just being myself. The only reason I'm addressing this is because I never try to be anyone/thing else so I'm surprised to see this comment.

Thanks for listening - I hope you stick with it and come around.

i hate that i'm "that one guy". haha.

i think i've just heard so many terrible interviewers who throw out the most useless questions, that when it's done intentionally (and not from a lack of creativity) i'm still just reminded of all those awkward, directionless conversations. "are you a dog person?", and shit like that.

full disclosure, i posted that comment toward the beginning of the episode, and by the end found i was enjoying it a lot more. once you guys get the ball rolling things seem to come together naturally, and that was exactly the quality that i thought was lacking at first. and to be fair, this is the first full length episode I've heard from you guys (unless you count the Charlie Day EC submission).

i'll accept that you're simply a nice person, and that attitude isn't a put-on. but it's a rare thing in entertainment, and it takes a second to adjust.

anyways, how do i end this thing?
*criticism pretty much retracted*

congrats on the contract btw.

:) Thanks Dan - didn't mean to put you on the spot! Anyway, I totally know what you mean about interviews, it's a slippery slope and of course some are better than others depending on our mind set and the guest and how drunk I am. No need to retract - honesty is always welcome. Thanks for sticking with us in the meantime!

i wanted to make sure the response didn't come off as a "tail between my legs" moment.
the second half pretty much won me over. it'll be interesting to see what can happen to your show in a year.

anyways,
enjoy the big time.

where are the trolls btw? they couldn't follow you guys 2 pages over? lazy.

Sign in to follow this