🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 88 — Vanity Plates! Incest!

This is kind of an innate issue with podcasts, I think, being such a fringe medium still. If Earwolf was a television network, there'd be a blog (or 300) somewhere else where someone could comment on a show without putting their criticism right in the face of the people who make it. Here if you say "why does this 'cast do this thing that I hate?" you might as well be yelling it in the hosts face, but there's nowhere else to vent.

We need (and by "need" I mean "could use", but can't have) that secret fans-only clubhouse.

Been listening to Totally Laime since the start of the Challenge, and the show is going from strength to strength.

Besser was a great guest, and a great way of introducing the show to new listeners. This was a solid intro episode, and the natural repartee between the hosts and the guest was very nice indeed.

If I had any criticism at all it would be that occasionally I want to know a little bit more about the guest before we get onto the "least important questions". There have been Totally Laime episodes where I've been utterly enthralled by a guest, but because they didn't really talk about their work, all I've had to go on in trying to recall them later has been "the lady who told the story about sleeping with a professor", or a similar snippet. As a result, they often just lodge in the memory as "funny person talking to Elizabeth and Andy" rather than having their own identity for me.

Apart from that, I am loving the show. I'm one podcast behind and in the process of catching up, but it's great to hear you guys on Earwolf.

Sign in to follow this