🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
janus1172

Earwolf podcast art in iTunes not downloading

Is anyone else having trouble getting Earwolf podcast art to download in iTunes?

Every Earwolf show doesn't automatically the art and when I select "Get Album Artwork" it doesn't do anything. Other podcasts do auto download (Nerdist, NPR shows); some don't auto download but I can use "Get Album Artwork" to get art (JJGo, Judge John Hodgman).

Happened today when I downloaded the new Totally Laime, which had always come with the art, but now on Earworlf it doesn't.

Any word on resolving the issue with artwork in iTunes? Am I the only one having this problem.

I'm definitely sure this is Earwolf specific because everything downloads automatically or can be retrieved using "Get album artwork"

I have the same problem. My theory was that, for a show like CBB or WC? that has changed its logo, iTunes may get confused and think that the show no longer has a standard logo and just doesn't download anything. It is almost annoying enough to make me consider pasting over all of the old artwork so everything would be uniform, but I love the old CDR logo too much to get rid of it.

Yeah, I've had the same problem but kind of blamed my itunes. It seems like basically any podcast does this with every episode past the first one. It is quite annoying that "get album artwork" does nothing, though.
Except, now that I think of it, I subscribe to Extra Hot Great, and they have a different image every week which is always loaded correctly.

Nerdist has a different image each episode and it downloads fine. I'm definitely sure it's something Earwolf specific. When I subscribed to Totally Laime before it got picked up on Earwolf it would download the artwork. The week it started on Earwolf, the artwork was missing.

I hadn't really thought about this before, but now that I look, most shows that are lacking artwork are Earwolf shows. Comedy Bang Bang and Who Charted are fine though.

i've noticed this, as well, and i assumed it just had something to do with earwolf's specific feed.

I have not seen any album art for Earwolf podcasts in a while... it appears as if the image is no longer being embedded in the file.

The CBB Bumbershoot and Who Charted? holiday podcasts I purchased do have the artwork embedded in the file and show up properly in iTunes.

Most Earwolf ones for me have never shown artwork. Comedy Bang Bang, How Did This Get Made, and Earwolf Presents show up... Earwolf Presents shows the "analyze phish" art, not sure if it's changed.

On my home computer, CBB's artwork is still the old "Comedy Death Ray" artwork.

I've noticed a lot of non-Earwolf podcasts have the same issue, and also notice that the Nerdist podcasts all seem to work fine. Maybe there's some secret Nerdist knows that nobody else does? Apple asks me to sign in before updating any artwork, but after signing in nothing changes.

It doesn't really bother me though, as I rarely listen to podcasts for the artwork :)

Good news! Cigarette Juice!!

Artwork seems to be coming through on Mac iTunes for me now. Got CBB and imrov4humans logos last week no problem automatically. And just saw improv4humans auto downloaded again. Thanks for whoever fixed it!

It's not the worst thing in the world, but with a dozen or so podcasts on my phone it's nice to see at a glance what new eps I have.

This problem happens for me on various podcasts across the board. Not just earwolf. Thankfully, my ability to read has enabled me to find the podcast I want. Then I listen to it.

Thanks for the tip! I wasn't trying reading at all! I was just jamming my face into my iPhone as HARD as I could. My co-workers were concerned about all the bruising, so this saves me quite a lot of embarrassment!!

**seriously, though, yeah, it's just an OCD thing and not a big deal and I'm very glad it's fixed

Sign in to follow this