🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 126 — Suicide is Painless

Can you please make the laughing M*A*S*H theme into a ringtone? Free, of course.
I would suggest you start at the point where everyone joins in.

@Frank, as always, well done video sir. The images you sync up to the rap give it a certain pizzazz.

is this guy for real? i've never heard a more smart, funny, sincere, warm interview from a star. he is too good to be true, who knew he was genuinely hilarious?

Melissa b, I'm going to carry on with the rest of my life assuming that you're talking about Garry Marshall.

Great episode, I'd also like to say that in general I think the musical guests have been an awesome addition.

Agreed, I have loved the recent musical guests, partly because Matthew Sweet and Nick Lowe are geniuses, partly because it breaks the podcast up nicely.

I shuddered with glee at the thought of not one, BUT TWO Tony Danzas guiding me through my day. Controlling my destiny. I would have liked to have been able to request a third Tony Danza that would address me as Mona. Hot Soccermom, will you make my W'sTB dream come true?

#1 thing I took away from this episode: If they do a British remake of Toy Story, Nick Lowe is first in line to do the music.

I'm totally menstrual right now, so I pre-apologize for being THAT girl...Bill Cosby is a REAL doctor! While he does have a lot of honorary doctorates, he earned an actual Doctor of Education degree from U. Mass in the 70s. It requires research, practicum, and a thesis and is generally more respected in the Education community than a PhD. It's like being a psychiatrist vs. a psychologist. I love Hot Saucerman and Jon Hamm, especially when he's being funny. But as a black female with a PhD in physics, it made me funny in my tummy to hear a couple of white guys--only one of whom actually graduated from college--mock a guy for calling himself Dr. Cosby. Or, maybe that was just a cramp ;-)

The lesson for you, Scott Aukerman, should be that having a successful career never makes it too late to complete your education!

Well, speaking as poor white trash, I must admit to being excited hearing three affluent "white brothers" trash an educated black man i.e. Bill Cosby. With every uncouth epithet I let loose a barrage of whoots and hollars. White people relish our hatred of the inferior races and relate to one another, regardless of social class, via the degradations we inflict on "our little brown brothers" Keep up the excellent racism!

(I 'm exactly as racist as the supernal performers who bless the world with this, the best podcast imaginable, FREE weekly entertainment. None whatsoever. Thank you so much for putting out such high caliber funniness every week. I'm in your debt gentlemen.)

I got yr back, Scott.

Blanca, I'm sorry that you missed the point; however, you did preface the comment stating that you're pms'ing. Also, you know that Scott married an Asian, right? That makes him an honorary smart person. It's exactly why I married a Chinese-Vietnamese guy.

As someone who went through the UMass graduate education program, let me assure you that "Dr." Cosby's title is mocked just as much by those in the granting university. He was given tons of credits for previously completed "academic" work such as doing voiceovers on Electric Company, completed the program in just a few years of mostly off-site work, and his final dissertation was on the importance of using "Fat Albert" cartoons in the classroom as a learning experience.

And, Bianca, I wouldn't mock 2/3 of the panel for not having graduated college, because Dr. Cosby hadn't graduated college either before UMass granted him enrollment--they chose to overlook that he didn't have a bachelor's degree.

Cosby still lives in the area, and volunteers to visit local urban schools to give community lectures. They are barely coherent rambles that focus mainly about how we wouldn't have the insufferable crime, pregnancy, and drug rates if we teachers and parents would make those darn kids pull up their pants and stop listening to that crazy rap music.

I'm going back to listen to old episodes and I happen to pick this one. It begins with a rant with all the reasons Bill Cosby sucks.

• Like 1

I'm going back to listen to old episodes and I happen to pick this one. It begins with a rant with all the reasons Bill Cosby sucks.

Yeah, I'm catching up on old episodes and just started this one. At about 5:30 they start listing the reasons Cosby sucks:

1. He gives chocolate cake to his kids for breakfast

2. He titled his album 'Himself'

3. He likes track and field

Simpler times!

• Like 1

Is the music used for this rap battle (which I've heard in ads before on earwolf, I believe), an instrumental version of the theme music for the tv show Goosebumps? #noonewillseethis #hashtagsdontcountinforums

Sign in to follow this