🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 121 - Karaoke Night at A Small Logging Town Tavern (w/ Scott Aukerman, Jordan Black, Hal Lublin, Jean Villepique)

Paul F. Tompkins keeps his cool on this week’s Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special return guest is Scott Aukerman of Comedy Bang! Bang! They chat about something Scott’s hometown is known for, students mostly being interested in the famous people Scott knows when he goes to talk about his profession at schools, and the public access talk show he hosted when he was in high school. Paul is then joined by Jordan Black, Hal Lublin, and Jean Villepique, to improvise a story set at Karaoke Night at A Small Logging Town Tavern.

And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

Want to submit a location for our improv? Follow @Spontaneanation on Twitter! We’ll ask for locations before we record, and once we do you’ll have five minutes to submit your suggestion! One suggestion per recording, thanks!

Is this the closest to release they've ever recorded an episode?

I kind of miss the days when they were five months ahead, just for the reactions from the guests when they had to try to come up with plugs for what they'd be doing half a year later.

• Like 2

Is this the closest to release they've ever recorded an episode?

I kind of miss the days when they were five months ahead, just for the reactions from the guests when they had to try to come up with plugs for what they'd be doing half a year later.

It might be a record, if not pretty close. Jason Mantzoukas' reaction to the five month release was pretty memorable. I think PFT was banking episodes at the time to prep for the Comedy Bang Bang tour. Recently on Twitter he's seems to be picking up the recording pace again.

I'm so happy that Hal Lublin is back, not that he's been absent from my hears because of his We Got This podcast. I'm also so looking forward to Mark Gagliardi's return, two years his first.

Love all the accents!

Accents, weird voices, and singing - pretty much a quintessential Spont.

• Like 1

Such a good improv, they were all great. Paul's song had me giggling like a fool at work.

If anybody hasn't checked out the Mopes at I4H it's a really funny group.

I like that the "timeless classic" Go Around the Corner included a mention of the new Ken. It ended up being very prescient indeed!

I also enjoyed when Paul turned into a little boy with marshmallows in his mouth during the ad. "Uh-oh!"

Between the Vivaldi and Wipeout of the monologue and the karaoke songs of the improv, Eban was on fire this ep!

i loved this episode! The songs were so good. Each tune was an instant classic. And an all star improv crew. If Slacker Ackerman would've joined in it would've been even bettter!

Sign in to follow this