🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Tombrien

Help I'm turning into a comedy nerd

I didn't sleep last night cos I was lookin up what some comedians have done recently, and interviews, and podcasts of them.
I've never done that before, and I think Earwolf is totally to blame. I've always bin interested in how good comedy gets made, but over the passed year I've grown super interested.

I've got another passion that I kind-of know all about now, and it's lost some magic now that I'm behind the curtain, but I'm still at Stage 1 with comedy. So what's some super faggoty college-boy stuff I should watch about stand-up, or comedians, or how some of these people got so good at what they're doing, etc?

Annnnnnnd Caroline swoops in to enable your growing addiction:

Comedians of Comedy
Mr. Show commentaries
I Am Comic
The State commentaries
AV Club Interviews

Welcome, Tom. Consider us here at Earwolf your comedy support group. We'll help you through this!

I'd say the community is less support group and more pushers. You got your taste, now you're hooked. Read some books. Patton's is great, David Cross has a good one, Tina Fey's, Sarah Silverman's etc etc.

Laughspin.com. To hear in depth interviews w/ comedians turn to the Marc Maron Podcast. TV - Louis. Movie - Wet Hot American Summer. Documentary - I am Comic..Comedians of Comedy. Comedy Album - Anthony Jeselnik's Shakespeare.

In addition to Louis, you could also watch Growing Paines, Grays Anatomy, Step Bye Step, The Batchelor, Jean Sommons Family Jewels, Happy Daze, and any other alternately spelled shows you can find.

I really loved the Comedians of Comedy Live at the Troubadour. Great comedy special you can find on Netflix Instant: Dana Gould: Let Me Put My Thoughts in You.

Sign in to follow this