🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 45 — Sex Chickens

There is an erotic creature loose in the studio! Her name is June Diane Raphael and she's left her buddies at How Did This Get Made? to countdown the Billboard Tastemakers Chart, the Movie Chart, and to play a quick round of Chart Roulette. She and Howard discuss Devo awareness, commiserate over scares and frights, and define "upstairs" versus "downstairs." And that's just a taste! Be sure to listen for the announcement of the 12 Cups of Summah winner, you stumblebums!

I was hoping June would discuss what it's like to have intercourse with Paul Scheer. Oh well, life goes on.

• Like 1

In case anyone is interested, the purpose of the whiny vocal exercise is to focus the air stream to the mouth while employing the nasal cavity for resonance.
Sincerely,
Caroline Spent-Hundreds-Of-Thousands-Of-Dollars-On-Voice-Training-And-Dammit-I'm-Going-To-Use-It Anderson.

• Like 1

For you consideration, listeners... Here's a photo of June and Cillian Murphy. What do you think? Separated at birth or just similar eye colors?

[attachment=8890,192]

Putting "K" after a number does in fact mean thousand like Kulap thought. The "K" stands for the metric prefix Kilo which means one thousand. Putting "G" after a number also means the same, but it is only related to money. Grand is a slang term that has come to mean one thousand dollars, but has its origins in using the term to describe a large amount of money from the early 1900s.

Kulap probably had to learn the metric system as a child seeing as she isn't an American. Still waiting on seeing the birth certificate to prove me wrong.

• Like 1

Ever since Kulap's exercise class was brought up several episodes back, I've been thinking the class was called "Ass Factor."

• Like 1

Another great show guys!
What's high in the middle and round on the end? O-hi-o! I might visit if they turned the state into a Devo theme park.
Howard, I had a beer can collection about the same age as you, back in the early 80's....my favorite was Billy Beer.
Keep up the phunny!

Really liked the show today with June Diane Raphael. Special day, my birthday, and got my new WC tee, yahoo! Better than summah? Well, close. Been listening since at least Jen Kirkman. So glad. I'm 64 today, and it's good to know what you youngsters are up to. Heh heh. Also the charts help me stay culturally literate.

Good show guys. I think you're deliberately trying to kill me with the cuckoo, weewee, and summah talk though.

Howard killed this week.
the "change the disease" lined just floored me.
i have to stop listening at work.

Great episode all around! I was stoked to see that June was this week's guest. She was one of people I was really hoping would be on. Here's hoping for Brandon Johnson or Rory Scovel next!

I wonder how excited June will be for Anne Hathaway being announced as cast in the film adaptation of the musical she name checked liking (Les Mis)? Her shuddering at Howard comparing her to Anne was one of my favorite moments of the episode. You're hilarious on all your EarWolf appearances June.

• Like 1

I adore JDR & this episode was just what I needed on a boring Hump day. Also, can we talk about your dress Kulap? I need details on it! I love it!

FYI...the song that everyone liked that was playing during 50/50 trailer was "Lunchmeat" by a band called Menomena. They are truly one of the best bands to see live....I will go out of my way to catch them whenever they come to Socal/Phoenix. They are very Portlandish....being from Portland. LOVE THEM!!!
I know this band would make it past into the Vilauckerman household, but I think even Howard would dig them.
Hopefully fellow listener Will is telling the truth and is actually 64....that just made me smile and made my day.

Brendan L(emons)

• Like 1

Have to agree with all those who loved the "change your disease" bit. However, I hope you all got slammed with listeners telling you it's pronounced "Killian." Hard to believe that people, in the L.A. area no less, are constantly comparing JDR to him, and none of them has ever bothered to pronounce his name correctly.

• Like 1

When JDR hears Rob Huebel's name and immediately responds with "Oh god" I cracked up.

In case anyone is interested, the purpose of the whiny vocal exercise is to focus the air stream to the mouth while employing the nasal cavity for resonance.

Sincerely,

Caroline Spent-Hundreds-Of-Thousands-Of-Dollars-On-Voice-Training-And-Dammit-I'm-Going-To-Use-It Anderson.

Your middle name sucks

Have to agree with all those who loved the "change your disease" bit. However, I hope you all got slammed with listeners telling you it's pronounced "Killian." Hard to believe that people, in the L.A. area no less, are constantly comparing JDR to him, and none of them has ever bothered to pronounce his name correctly.

I thought about that too but we're dealing with 2-3 hosts who care little to nothing about complete accuracy when they can sacrifice it for humor. This is not a slam. I love these guys, but I've noticed stuff like this slipping by without being checked.

Sign in to follow this