🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Shannon

#CBB500 T-Shirt Giveaway!

Hey CBB forums! We're super excited to celebrate Comedy Bang Bang's 500th episode, and we're looking to spread some CBB love. Here's how you can help, and maybe win a CBB500 shirt:

- Comment in this thread with what the past 500 episodes of Comedy Bang Bang have meant to you. Sincerity and jokes both appreciated

- THEN enter your forum username and an email address where we can reach you here: https://goo.gl/forms/FZKTuuAWCn1Cco482

Winners of a CBB500 shirt will be chosen at random. The sweepstakes will close at 11:59 PM PST (and there will be no warning!).

Thanks for enjoying 500 Comedy Bang Bang eps with us! Here's to 500 more! :D

• Like 3

Maybe it's just me, but for me Comedy Bang Bang has been the best way to start off the work week with a laugh, or occasionally two laughs.

• Like 2

CBB has been my gateway podcast to other podcasts, projects, and overall 'tent. I only started listening about a year ago and I'm still making my way through the catalogue!

• Like 2

Oooh! Can I be the first heavy one?

I've only been listening to CBB for about 3 years actually, my older sister introduced me to the show when I was going through a really hard time. I had lost my daughter, and I was just massively depressed and felt really alone. Then there was this weird as fuck, crazy show, and it really picked me up. I've since listened to 80%+ of the back episodes (until the paywall happened), obsessed over details in the back stories of recurring characters (my number 1 being Wompler and Listler), and the Comedy Bang! Bang! fan art I started to draw was the first thing in a long time where I didn't hate what I'd drawn. So I can honestly say, without the last 500 episodes of Comedy Bang! Bang!, I would be in a significantly worse place personally. dv27om0c2dox.jpg

• Like 6

Q: "What the past 500 episodes of Comedy Bang Bang have meant to you?"

A:

I really must confess I first heard about Earwolf because of HDTGM, but thanks to that gateway Pod I discovered Comedy Bang Bang (Formerly Comedy Death-Ray) and I've been hooked ever since, slacking on the job monday mornings (and thursdays with the B-B-B-B-Booo-nuus!!! sah-sah-sah-sah-sah) for 2 hours more or less to hear and laught with what Scott and the gang have put out for the week... And to prove it im going to dig my brain and pull out some Catch phrases and staples that I remember from CBB so you believe me and give me those T-Shirts (And I know that is from UTU2TM)

1. What's up? Hot dog!

2. My wiiifeee

3. Repect My Neck!

4. Its not that kind of show

5. Cake-Boss

6. Harris' Phone Corner & Harris' Foam Corner

7. I'm Ball droid, I gotta roll on outta here...

8. ZapStraightToIt.com

9. HeynongMan

10. Jeffrey Characterwheaties

11. The Widow HowlApp

12. Are the Muppets Gonna Fuck Khaleesi? Are those Muppets Gonna Fuck Khaleesi?

13. It's good now

14. Is that/this a T-Shirt?

15. Talkin' 'Tang Drippin' Milk

16. Solo bolo & Solo doslo & Solo trolo & Solo quatrolo

17. - Well well well... Look at this candy ass motherfucker! / - S-S-S-S-Santa???

18. HoHo! BLECH!

19. Sounds Speeds / Cue commertials

20. This is the show where we talk to interesting people

See! I'm no phoney!

• Like 1

I've been on board since Scott changed the name from Comedy Death Ray. CBB is the only thing that makes my Monday mornings bearable, and it's introduced me to countless amazing comedians--Lapkus, Gabrus, St. Clair & Parham, Mantzoukas, both Dalys, Adomian, Holland, Rust, Campbell, McKenna, and many more and deepened my appreciation for known quantities like Tompkins, Schwartz, and Kroll. Best podcast ever. C+.

• Like 1

My first intro to CBB was with the Kyle Dunnigan ep. It sounded like a pretty normal interview show featuring the taint model from Mr. Show until it got to the Del LaRoux part... it really opened my ears to improv (which I had pretty much dismissed after Who's Line).

Now I can't watch a single movie or TV show without exclaiming things like "Oh snap! That's _______ from CBB episode _____ where blah blah blah". I'm now an amateur expert on the comedy scene, and all thanks to CBB!

• Like 1

MY WIFE and I have spent more time laughing/cringing/crying/tsk-tsk'ing/attaboy'ing with Scott and the CBB family the last 6 years than we have with our own families, and we're totally ok with it. Thanks for making our hundreds of hours on the road so much more enjoyable.

I literally can't hear "it's been a while" in normal conversation without at least mentally intoning the melody. So I guess the show has turned me into an awkward social situation Manchurian Candidate.

• Like 1

I've tried to explain my interest in improv comedy podcasts to others; it's impossible. I'm not a performer, a comedian, or anything like that. I don't even really consider myself a comedy nerd (I'm knowledgeable but hardly nerdy about it). So coming at it from that angle, a pure listener, CBB feels like a world I've been sucked into, another dimension, an alternate universe that most people don't know about. But I do, and every week I feel lucky to get to visit.

All the comedians involved, from regulars to rarer newbies, I like to support: follow on twitter, instagram, check their side podcasts, etc. Heck, I even went to see The House in the theater. While I may not like every character (even some popular regulars make me cringe), I do seem to like every comedian. I don't know them, but feel like they're my friends (I say that in a non-insane way). :) Scott's chemistry with everyone, I think, is the glue. It is the addictive part that keeps me eager for my Monday morning commute.

I initially gave CBB a try because of my love of Parks & Rec (I saw a bunch of their regulars on the episode list so felt confident I'd like it) and in some ways CBB is like that show: a beautiful, strange, joyous world of memorable characters. I look forward to visiting every week.

Congrats on 500 and thanks for all the fun!

• Like 1

I'm more of a newb I guess, but I'm already deeply hooked. About a year ago, I started listening to podcasts and pretty quickly found CBB. Started with about 4 or 5 years worth of best-of eps that were available for download and after that have been listening constantly, mostly in the gym in the morning or while driving. I had to restrict my gym listening to cardio only, because I almost killed myself on more than one occasion by busting out laughing in the middle of lifting something heavy. Aside from those near death experiences, CBB has been a source of great happiness and laughs.

Incidentally, my initial period of binge-listening coincided with my binge-watching House of Pies, so the multiple solo bolos and every Benny Shhhwwwaaaaa bust were things of hilarious beauty to me.

Hope you keep bringing the eps and slinging the tent for years to come!

• Like 1

CBB is the best 2 hour voicemail I can call from my phone ever. (That's how podcasts work, right?) Seriously though, CBB is like how Zouks talked about improv on WTF: it's a time to stop thinking and instead listen and enjoy the moment. And every Monday that's exactly what I get -- a time to stop thinking about everything that's happening and just laugh my ass off. Trust me, as an elementary teacher I NEED that.

• Like 1

I sincerely tried to get into Comedy Bang! Bang!, and podcasts in general, several years ago when I downloaded an ep to listen to with my wife (Mai waiiife!) while we made Thanksgiving dinner one year, then almost immediately stopped listening when the show started with A LOT of talk about the weather.

Didn't give the podcast much of a second thought until about three years ago when I got a new car with a USB port as part of the stereo, which made it all too easy to plug in my phone and listen. I got on the CBB horse for good somewhere around #297 (Taking the Bladder Out) and haven't looked back. It also helped that I cut my regular cable TV (television) somewhere around there and replaced it with a Roku that let me watch old eps of the CBB TV program that I hadn't previously been able to see because WTF is IFC LOL.

Thanks for 500 episodes. One of these days I'll buy a t-shirt.

Now I'm one of those jolly assholes who can't help but sing-repeat "It's been" and/or "It's been a while" whenever someone else says it.

The show turned me onto the Birthday Boys, Andy Daly, and proved that I was correct to have a crush on Lauren Lapkus from when I knew of her only from Oranges: The New Black.

• Like 1

First time poster, long time listener.

I got introduced to CBB sometime in late 2012. Someone in the Gawker comment section linked to Time Bobby. The rest, as they say, is history. Ever since then I listen to CBB religiously. And usually the same handful of episodes over and over again. Almost all of Andy Daly's appearances, Wompler and Listler, the Anniversaries and Xmas eps, for starters. I listen to them at work. On the bus. Going to bed. Doing yardwork.

CBB's gotten me though highs and lows and introduced me to some of the cleverest, wittiest, and talented people whom I would otherwise have no idea existed.

I'd never liked improv before. I *hated* Who's Line Is It. CBB made me realize I don't care for *short form.* CBB's format is seriously the most amazing thing I've ever heard. And the guests hit obscure references that have me shaking my head, so happy to know there are other weirdos out there who's heads are chock full of the same random trivia, too.

Just a few favorite moments:

1. Chip Garner's "Hail Satan" that genuinely comes out of nowhere and catches Scott and Zouks off guard (and me, my first time listening).

2. Followup to 1 - when Scott and Zouks count down and both say "Chip Gardner" and Zouks ends up on the floor laughing

3. The Foam Corner Drop when Harris is mid-foam about "Down for Whatever" being about anal

4. Brad Hammerstone being a duck the whole time. And then later on, Scrooge, and Scott's extra-late realization.

5. Brett's Alt-Right haircut

These just popped into my head. I could go on for hundreds.

So long story long, I love CBB and it's helped me through a ton of life. I wish it could go on for 500 more.

• Like 1

Best thing you can say is it makes it fair game to become blind, catatonic or imprisoned, since it'd fill your time up until such time when you can upload your brain to the Cloud. In fact, that'd be the only way to catch up as a newcomer.

• Like 1

CBB has carried me through my 40's. It's been an old friend to me and has introduced me to I4H, NNF, and Dough Boys. I hope it never goes away!

• Like 1

I've been listening to Comedy Bang Bang / Comedy Death Ray Radio since the episode count was somewhere in the early twenties. I'm not sure where, though, because I've relistened to so many episodes that I don't know when I first heard them. The show delights me on a regular basis, but I think the thing I like best about it is that it gave me advance warning of comedians that then proceeded to get very successful, which makes me feel like I was cool and ahead of the curve.

• Like 2

I began listening to this show early last year and managed to catch up by about late November. It has been a weekly companion for me, even when I don't have anyone in real life to talk about it with. I've become aware of so many fantastic comedians and I've laughed so hard I've been in tears, particularly Bob Ducca reading his list of ailments. I've probably listened to that particular clip about a dozen times at least.

• Like 1

I started listening in 2013 (long time caller, first time listener.) I'm not sure how I stumbled upon it, I think I was looking for Breaking Bad spoilers. But ...I gave it a listen and after a few episodes I was hooked. At the time, I was working at a shitty data entry place where we had to clock out to use the bathroom and we couldn't talk to each other. We were, however, able to listen to music. I was getting tired of just listening to music and my stumble upon this podcast was a real help in getting me thru those awful days. That's the biggest contribution to my life at the time, I could laugh even though my life was miserable. I look forward to Mondays to check that sweet guest lineup and hope my favorites are on. You guys have meant a lot to me these past few years and I love you.

• Like 2

I love this podcast because it always makes me laugh, introduces to me to new comedians and keeps me up to date on currents films and television series. I could listen to Scott and anyone of the guests on today's show talk for hours. Congrats to Scott and the Earwolf crew!

• Like 1

CBB was my intro to the "UCB scene" and has transformed me from a "guy who likes tv shows" to a full on "comedy nerd." Now whenever someone says "it's been awhile," I instinctively sing it back without hesitation. But most of all, I keep coming back for the laughs, and stick around for the goofs.

• Like 1

My first episode was the Michael Ableson - Be my guest episode. I laughed so hard when Santa showed up to kick the crap out of Scott.. I had no idea who PFT was and it actually was only when Santa was there that I realised that Jean Claude and Werner were not actually real people! (I've re-listened to this about 5 times now)

Anyway, whenever I walked my dogs, go to the gym or drive to work I listened to back episodes and looked forward to the release every Monday.

I've also listened to all of Hollywood Handbook, Lauren Lapkus, Spont and am working my way through the magic tavern. All because of CBB.

Last year I broke my leg and was laid up for a while and Lauren and Scott gave me a reply on Twitter when I let them know I was listening to the live shows on Howl... They really helped me get through the times sitting on the couch.

PS - I also bought a Leesa mattress! ....

Michael Ableson

I literally cannot remember exactly when, or exactly how I came into the knowledge that Comedy Bang Bang existed, but it was somewhere around episodes 150-200. Years later now, I could never ever tally up all of the moments of sitting in my car in traffic laughing my ass off like a crazy person, or washing dishes with a bluetooth speaker on, or walking down the city streets with headphones on, but I know that CBB has gotten me through countless boring moments in public, traffic jams, and painfully monotonous chores over the years.

When I've had bad days, stressed at work or in life, every Monday, litrally without fail Scotty Auks comes through with another episode that at worst gets me through the day and at best keeps me chatting with friends and family about the ridiculous moments that occurred that week.

Beyond the great laughs, listening to CBB got me into podcasts in general, from Who Charted and HDTGM to podcasts maybe not on this podcast network which I wont mention by name.

I now see the contest is closed, so I guess I've wasted these few minutes writing this dissertation, but thanks Scott and company. I will hope against hope that years from now, somehow, CBB will still be bringing me laughs every week

Sign in to follow this