🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

[media='']

[/media]

Right now it has 0% of RT. I repeat 0%. 0 fresh 22 rotten. It is being called "The Poochie of movies".

• Like 2

When I heard there was going to be an emoji movie, I thought it would probably be bad. I never imagined it would be 0% on the Tomatometer bad.

What sucks is that no comedian is ever really gonna talk shit about this because of the amount of other comedians they are friends with getting a pay check cause of this movie.

• Like 2

I've already told my children that due to copyright restrictions, this movie is not being released in Canada. They are suspicious because of all of the bus-side advertising, but so far I'm successfully convincing them that it's advertising aimed at Americans.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I've already told my children that due to copyright restrictions, this movie is not being released in Canada. They are suspicious because of all of the bus-side advertising, but so far I'm successfully convincing them that it's advertising aimed at Americans.

Even though I am in America I'm just letting you know I'm 100% still gonna use this reasoning when I have kids that wanna see shitty movies lol. "Sorry kids they're not releasing it in Texas. I don't know what to tell you." "But they said everywhere?" "Yeah well Texas always has to be Extra doesn't it?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Even though I am in America I'm just letting you know I'm 100% still gonna use this reasoning when I have kids that wanna see shitty movies lol. "Sorry kids they're not releasing it in Texas. I don't know what to tell you." "But they said everywhere?" "Yeah well Texas always has to be Extra doesn't it?"

It works really well, even in the biggest city in the country where we have literally everything you'd ever want to watch. My eldest is not quite 8 though, so I think this tactic has limited uses, sadly.

I successfully deployed this strategy on 'Nine Lives' last year, and having later seen it on Netflix, I'm so glad I didn't pay for it.

• Like 2

I have learned that my son is not allowed to pick anything on our Fire TV, ever.

p.s. the Metacritic score (9) for this movie is lower than Nine Lives (11) got last year.

Higher than Dinesh D'Souza's propaganda piece, though.

• Like 1

What sucks is that no comedian is ever really gonna talk shit about this because of the amount of other comedians they are friends with getting a pay check cause of this movie.

Agreed. And to think, TJ Miller may continue down this path rather than staying involved with Silicon Valley. I guess his payout from this gives him freedom to explore things that might not come with the same windfall, but it seems like he's done enough to support himself (cough...Mucinex...cough).

• Like 3

Agreed. And to think, TJ Miller may continue down this path rather than staying involved with Silicon Valley. I guess his payout from this gives him freedom to explore things that might not come with the same windfall, but it seems like he's done enough to support himself (cough...Mucinex...cough).

He even said on Nerdist that doing Yogi Bear was the highlight of his career. For serious. I think he's the kinda guy that loves doing these dumb things that give him massive paychecks. Once in a while hopefully we'll continue to see him in good stuff too though.

• Like 3

He even said on Nerdist that doing Yogi Bear was the highlight of his career. For serious. I think he's the kinda guy that loves doing these dumb things that give him massive paychecks. Once in a while hopefully we'll continue to see him in good stuff too though.

Wow. I'm not sure I ever heard that. Maybe his career was pretty lackluster up to that point? I was definitely getting bored of his shtick on Silicon Valley, but I didn't want him to go this route. Seems like he's running a career fairly similar to Jason Lee.

• Like 1

Wow. I'm not sure I ever heard that. Maybe his career was pretty lackluster up to that point? I was definitely getting bored of his shtick on Silicon Valley, but I didn't want him to go this route. Seems like he's running a career fairly similar to Jason Lee.

No he legit said this like a month ago! If that! It was right after he announced he was leaving SV! So after doing things like Big Hero 6 and SV he still believes that Yogi Bear was his highlight!

No he legit said this like a month ago! If that! It was right after he announced he was leaving SV! So after doing things like Big Hero 6 and SV he still believes that Yogi Bear was his highlight!

WHAT?!?! What kind of bizarroverse are we living in here? I assumed that was around the time when Yogi Bear actually came out. He's been singing the praises of his SV cast, talking about working with some of the best comedic minds working...and Yogi Bear was still the pinnacle? I haven't seen Big Hero 6, but I've heard nothing but good things. He was also in Deadpool, which would assumingly be high on one's list as well.

Maybe he's trolling everyone? Just really high? Some kind of combination of the two?!?!

I really enjoyed Miller in Silicon Valley but it seems to me that he thinks professional trolling is a good career move.

Best of luck to him, I guess.

• Like 1

The poster for this movie says it's rated PG for "Rude Humor". It should ALSO say "...And One Of The Characters Might Be A Piece Of Shit. Literally. A Walking, Talking Piece Of Shit."

• Like 2

I just wanna say that now after things I've heard about Miller I hope they do actually do this and tear it the fuck apart.

• Like 3

The one thing I give this film points for is that they were at least put a movie out on a noticeable trend while it was still a talked about thing. The Angry Bird movie came out years after the game had dropped in popularity, the My Little Pony movie came out years after making fun of Bronies was big, and then you have things like the Smurfs or Yogi which came out years, if not decades, after their relevancy.

...the My Little Pony movie came out years after making fun of Bronies was big...

This one isn't quite in the same level because the kids show is still wildly popular. My 4 yo cousin saw it and still won't shut up about it. Now if the show had been cancelled and THEN they did a movie about it years later that's when we can say they had missed their opportunity.

Oh I think that's one property that will stand the test of time with kids, but I don't know if it's at the public peak that it was a few years back. I know they did an animated one around that time to go with the show, but for it have a CGI release only last year seemed real odd. This reminded me of when I was looking for new films to purchase for my job, I saw that they made a Woody Woodpecker movie last year, which surprised the hell out of me as I think that cartoon is even more niche than Yogi or Smurfs, and even funnier was that from what I read, it was only theatrically released in Brazil.

• Like 1

Congrats Emoji Movie on your Worst Picture nomination from the Razzies. You're the Razzie equivalent of "Beauty and the Beast" by being the first animated film to be nominated for the top prize!