🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 167.5 - Minisode 167.5

Well, I might as well get to this now. I'll be going on vacation soon for two weeks and not sure if I'll have access to internet or a computer so I bring to you a very special early edition of...

How Did This Get Named?

Hard Ticket to Hawaii is グラマー・エンジェル危機一発 (Guramaa Enjeru Kikiippatsu) or Glamor Angels Imminent Danger

Now this is weird things are a bit odd. See as some of you may or may not know Hard Ticket to Hawaii is the second Andy Sidaris film and actually a sequel to Malibu Express. You'd figure "Oh, when it came to Japan they called all those films Glamor Angels to play off Charlie's Angels." While the second part is probably true but this is the only film in the series to have a different title than the original English one. Now normally I would post a poster of the film but this one is the exact same as the American one. However, what I did find were two TV spots for the movie. Enjoy!

The part that needs to be highlighted is this shot which reads "Perverted snake come oooon!!"ga01003.jpg?d=a45

The second TV spot is rather dry and just explains the story of the movie but has this wonderful shot. After profiling each one of the girls by name and what makes them special it cuts to:

ga01001.jpg?d=a43

Which reads "Muscle Man B: (heart heart heart) with Eddie" and "Handsom Guy A: Donna's lover"

• Like 6

For example the next two films are wildly different and from the 2000s.

*crosses fingers* Please be Queen of the Damned and Day After Tomorrow! Please be Queen of the Damned and Day After Tomorrow! Please be Queen of the Damned and Day After Tomorrow!

Also your monster truck arrgument is INSANE.

HA!

• Like 5

*crosses fingers* Please be Queen of the Damned and Day After Tomorrow! Please be Queen of the Damned and Day After Tomorrow! Please be Queen of the Damned and Day After Tomorrow!

QotD is SO GOOD though

• Like 5

Loved the "Ferdy" meaning/explanation, but I just thought they called the character like that becaused he was a nerd and it rhymed with "Nerdy"

• Like 2

Loved the "Ferdy" meaning/explanation, but I just thought they called the character like that becaused he was a nerd and it rhymed with "Nerdy"

That part confused me. I thought the nerd guy was Ferdy not the woman.

• Like 5

HA!

I almost name checked both of those movies in my initial post. ;)

• Like 3

QotD is SO GOOD though

Legit good or so bad good?

• Like 4

Both at once and none at all.

• Like 5

Both at once and none at all.

My interest is now piqued

• Like 3

Paul played the trailer for our next assignment and the voice over uses the line, "The tantalizing wetness of the blue Pacific". How pervy is that? I feel like the Pacific should file a restraining order against the scriptwriter and the voice actor who did the trailer. Maybe the director of the Chopping Mall had a hand in its creation....

I just discovered this podcast a month ago and I heart it so.

TTP

• Like 8

Paul played the trailer for our next assignment and the voice over uses the line, "The tantalizing wetness of the blue Pacific". How pervy is that? I feel like the Pacific should file a restraining order against the scriptwriter and the voice actor who did the trailer. Maybe the director of the Chopping Mall had a hand in its creation....

TTP

Glad to hear it and glad to have you.

l0HlHFRbmaZtBRhXG.gif

• Like 8

TTP

03f538aef0cf2261c6e692081ebeed3b04c4994f.gif

Welcome aboard!

• Like 6

So bad good that it becomes legit good.

• Like 5

03f538aef0cf2261c6e692081ebeed3b04c4994f.gif

Forget cats, give me funny and cute bear gifs and pictures anytime.

4bd935fed1a7656d72251bd20a30f5d1ccc30569.gif

• Like 6

So bad good that it becomes legit good.

^^^

However, there are some parts that are legitimately hard to watch but they're few and far between.

But Aaliyah and Stuart Townsend having vampire sex to the Deftones is still one of the greatest pieces of cinema history.

• Like 3

Watching Hard Ticket to Hawaii and there are a LOT more boobs than there were in Chopping Mall. This film takes the locker room mall scene and ramps it up to a topless jacuzzi needless exposition scene. It also has a "government agent" that is so untrained that she throws her nunchucks at a gunman. Later a henchman performs "surveillance" by riding a skateboard on his hands down a hilly two-lane road past the two "heros", it is super bizarre.

TTP

• Like 1

Watching Hard Ticket to Hawaii and there are a LOT more boobs than there were in Chopping Mall. This film takes the locker room mall scene and ramps it up to a topless jacuzzi needless exposition scene. It also has a "government agent" that is so untrained that she throws her nunchucks at a gunman. Later a henchman performs "surveillance" by riding a skateboard on his hands down a hilly two-lane road past the two "heros", it is super bizarre.

TTP

Wonderful.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

1. I'm all for bonkers bad movies. I just wish there was something different mixed in with them.

2. Does Paul know that someone is posting on here and acting like him? The nerve...

3. So the director wrote an angry Facebook post at 3:00am. Are we sure it isn't Trump, a lecher posing as a lecherous director? I mean, his normal approach is social media rants in the wee hours...

4. I think Mary Holland should marry Jason and join the cast. Couples show! She's great and it would be awesome having her on more.

Opening Night confusion on Netflix...

There is a film called Opening Night on Netflix, about the theater. However, it appears to be about a school putting on A Midsummer Night's Dream and getting help from the Ghost of William Shakespeare. It stars Anthony Rapp and a bunch of people I've never heard of.

I even looked up Topher Grace on the Netflix Box and no "Opening Night" came up...

• Like 2

There is a film called Opening Night on Netflix, about the theater. However, it appears to be about a school putting on A Midsummer Night's Dream and getting help from the Ghost of William Shakespeare. It stars Anthony Rapp and a bunch of people I've never heard of.

I even looked up Topher Grace on the Netflix Box and no "Opening Night" came up...

giphy.gif

• Like 5

It will be available on Netflix on August 1.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80114501

• Like 5