🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DrGonzo

Repo Man (1984)

MV5BNzdkMzVhNTgtMjlhNC00M2JkLWI3MzktYzdkNzYxNTk1NjcwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,653,1000_AL_.jpg

imdb

Just watched this movie, and holy shit, is it bonkers... It has everything: Aliens, shadowy government organizations, Evangelical priests, white punks, black musicians, repo men, supernatural cars, Emilio Estevez... I can't even begin to describe the plot. It's absolutely worth a HDTGM episode, IMO.

• Like 2

Except this movie is intentional in its weirdness and is one of the best films of the 80's. HDTGM has covered actually good movies, though.

Oh and it's on the Criterion Collection.

• Like 1

Yeah, it seems to be self-aware of its weirdness, which makes it even more weird, to be honest...

It's too good to be lumped in with the HDTGM movies, but I also would still love it if they did it

• Like 1

One of my favorite movies of all time.  It's not just a fun good "not-really-bad" film, like some of the F&F franchise. 
RepoMan is a wonderfully fantastic cult/midnight movie.

That said, they could cover a lot of Criterion movies.
Especially "The Lure", just so we could hear their minds explode at how nuts that movie is.

• Like 1

This film is wonderfully bonkers, but comes by it honestly, which defies the primary criteria of HDTGM. There are some films achieve their mania intentionally and unintentionally (Vampire’s Kiss, for one), but not our dear sweet Repo Man.