🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
UniversalLove

Did Sean and Hayes ever apologize to Lionel?

He made an incredibly tame joke that they said was racist. S&H have done much edgier things on Hollywood Handbook, and I think they maybe had done something much riskier even at that point.. The joke was, "Who is Sisko on Deep Space 9?", with the punchline being "Sisko is the black guy on Deep Space 9". As far as comedy goes, I give it a 6/10. But the joke is really not at the expense of Sisko, it's mostly making fun of how people refer to the black people in diverse crowds as "the black one". I'm not above making a petition on change.org

Also I realize this forum is dead, but I just can't get this out of my craw.

• Like 2

Yea, pssh hey forum you so dead you probably think this funeral is about you. yea i see dead people when i look in a mirror, the name's dead forum please to meet ya. knock knock, who's there? dead forum. dead forum who? no it's me, dead forum, from before. why don't you UniversalShove off to sea in a boat, get shipwrecked on an island and have exciting cast away adventure. and i got an incredibly tame joke for you, lion walks into a bar, orders a martini and has polite conversation with the patrons

• Like 1

Greetings UniversalLove,

Please call me Captain Han Luke Picard! I appreciate you sticking up for a Starfleet Captain and I just want to remind everyone that despite various PR issues, I am still a Captain and am in good standing with Starfleet to this day.  I did not have to undergo any sensitivity training run by green humanoids with distinctive facial features over the course of a grueling week, nor was my ship taken away and nor were my phasers replaced with identical versions that make the sound but do not actually phase anyone.  I would never impugn the honor of Reality Show Show hosts Sean & Hayes by blaming them for the clearly egregious overreaction to a standard Starfleet joke.   

Everything is just fine here in the Delta Quadrant!  

I hope all my fellow RSSers are living large and in charge back on Earth!

Live Long and Prosper,

Captain Han Luke Picard (Son of Jean Luc Picard)

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 5:46 PM, Captain Han Luke Picard said:

Greetings UniversalLove,

Please call me Captain Han Luke Picard! I appreciate you sticking up for a Starfleet Captain and I just want to remind everyone that despite various PR issues, I am still a Captain and am in good standing with Starfleet to this day.  I did not have to undergo any sensitivity training run by green humanoids with distinctive facial features over the course of a grueling week, nor was my ship taken away and nor were my phasers replaced with identical versions that make the sound but do not actually phase anyone.  I would never impugn the honor of Reality Show Show hosts Sean & Hayes by blaming them for the clearly egregious overreaction to a standard Starfleet joke.   

Everything is just fine here in the Delta Quadrant!  

I hope all my fellow RSSers are living large and in charge back on Earth!

Live Long and Prosper,

Captain Han Luke Picard (Son of Jean Luc Picard)

Damn, girl. Han Luke's all grown up.

(all I gotta do is show up)

Sign in to follow this