🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 501 - Manchester Orchestra's Kith and Kin

Robert McDowell and Andy Hull of the indie rock group Manchester Orchestra join Scott to play songs off their new album “A Black Mile To The Surface” on this week’s musical episode of Comedy Bang! Bang! Photographer Sissy Montgomery stops by to share the best techniques for capturing a senior portrait. Then, statesman Lord Dingle arrives to discuss dealing with his subjects and the fight for global warming. Later, Sissy and Lord Dingle perform original compositions.

Did we know that Scott was in a band with No Doubt's drummer? Because I did not know this. What a 'sclusie. I am also about to download Manchester Orchestra's album, I dig their sound.

I was sorted into Slytherin but I think it was all based on how I answered the question about how many dogs I've dismembered.

• Like 1

That rap breakdown was Best Of The Year material.

• Like 3

Mmmm... haven't had a chance to listen to this ep yet, but that clip of Manchester Orhestra is pretty sweet!!

Did we know that Scott was in a band with No Doubt's drummer? Because I did not know this. What a 'sclusie. I am also about to download Manchester Orchestra's album, I dig their sound.

Check out Scott's early appearances on Never Not Funny, he goes into this and a whole lot more about his early life! And they're all hilarious, of course.

"Affable Southerner" has a very high hit rate as a character archetype.

• Like 2

Zach's song was catchy as hell. When Jessica joined in it became great. Is this what their new podcast is like? No wait, don't answer that, I'm already downloading it.

• Like 1

The third party with the singing and rapping... C+

I'm also downloading because of this.

"Affable Southerner" has a very high hit rate as a character archetype.

Often referred to as The Tarver Method.

Seems like I'll be listening to Off Book now.

• Like 1

Wow, if Jess McKenna made an entire album of that stuff I would listen to the shit out of it. Really liked the melodies and her voice is fantastic. It was also funny. Great stuff.

• Like 1

I felt I loved this episode after the "leaning against a column" harmony. I knew I loved it after the rap breakdown.

I'm concerned Scott doesn't know what "ska" is.

I watched four (4) Naked Postmen clips on youtube and there was 0% ska.

No horns, nothing was being picked up, not an offbeat in sight.

Let's circle back, study up on The Braces, Maroon Town, and the Busters.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I felt I loved this episode after the "leaning against a column" harmony.

That single, one-line harmony is already one of my all-time great CBB moments. It was incredible.

• Like 1

Great ep. Manchester Orchestra (or the two guys, at least) really brought the "Yes, and" throughout.

Best myooosical guest, IMHO, since Colin Hay in terms of playing a song AND ALSO playing along.