🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 127 — National Pleasure

How many ingredients are in pizza? Can you high five an orangutan? What does the moon do when we're not looking? The answers to these questions and more can be found in today's Comedy Bang Bang! Nick Swardson finally found his way back to the studio and is joined by two first time guests: Comedian Brody Stevens and Nic Cage stand-in (and brother) Bob Cage. They guess the misheard lyrics, get on their soap boxes, and ponder "Would You Rather?" their way into Comedy Bang Bang history! And hey, you too can be part of Comedy Bang Bang history too if you pick up either of our new shirts from theEarwolf Store!

I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only person in the world who harbors an obsession for Nicolas Cage and his interesting film/acting choices.

"How does Paul Scheer keep coming up with so many different voices?! "

Um, yeah. Why does he keep appearing on the show as a character? They all sound exactly the same.

Well uh obviously he doesn't have a great vocal range, but surely it's obvious why he might decide to play a character rather than being himself.
-
Just to be clear I thought he was funny on this, and find it funny how he just does the same voice every time.

don't you guys think thats part of the joke... or is this s'junior vs the pieces of comedy all over again

I believe Paul Scheer, like all men, should be judged on the content of his characters rather than the color of his voice.

• Like 1

I got my Bed Wet with Poo...

After laughing so hard listening to this episode. This has got to be the best one in a while.

love the show, but this one was a little lacking in structure and laughs. Paul is great on 'How Did This Get Made' but Nick Kroll he is not when it comes to characters

Don't apologize Allen. But I have to wonder if I'm the only one who saw "Nick Swardson gave me a B-" and read it as "Nick Swardson gave me a B(lo-aded space here)"...

While I'm here, I'll mention that I too definitely noticed that Paul's voice fell from Intentionally Bad Nick Cage to Paul Scheer On a Tuesday, and I have no problem with it whatsoever. It seems pretty normal for casual CBB guests (IE not James, Andies, Nick or Paulf) to be characters in their every day voice.
(It was admittedly a little weird to hear Marissa Wompler show up on Totally Laime - I definitely thought THAT was more of a voice. Hahaha.)

This was some hardcore yessandery.

This was an amazing episode. All the guests were hilarious, but I think Paul Scheer especially was one fire. He's so quick!

Will listen to again.

Damn I couldn't listen to the whole thing. Everyone was fantastic but Swardson really detracted from the whole thing. Every time he interjected it wasn't ruined the flow for me. I'm one of those people who avoids comics he's not a fan of rather than hate on them, Here I tried sitting through it since it's my fav podcast but I couldn't.
-
Maybe I'll come back to it in a different state of mind where I can handle some swardson.

Stevens is always a champion of my heart and Scheer an infectiously enthusiastic presence but Swardson was amazing. We don't get his TV show in NZ and I don't think I've ever seen any of his other work but he's always so fast and unpredictably, wildly fun as a podcast guest star. The Choctaw was on fire this week too - I think he may even have cracked me up more than the other three with his weapons-grade silliness.

Great ep.... Brody was a little on the quieter side than usual, but still great.... Scott had an awesome line in response to something Brody said but I totally forgot it.

YES!

It looks like Scott's Reference-o-meter hasn't been Taken like in that movie. Also, Scott's WYR bit was hilarious to me. That had me laughing out loud, one might say