🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 036: Nobody Did it Better: Roger Moore Tribute

Matt and Matt say goodbye to their favorite Bond. Joining them for this special episode is Brith.Movies.Death's resident Bond, Phil Nobile Jr.

Great ep! Phil's a welcome addition to the agency.

• Like 1

Guys Moore's diary says there was only 1 hairdresser on the set in Jamaica for Live and Let Die.

When referring to Coral Jr., Roger Moore says "Meet the man who shares my hairbrush," which has always puzzled everyone because it's not really a phrase. BUT WAS IT JUST A WEIRD META JOKE ROGER MOORE FOUND FUNNY AT THE TIME?

I need to put this mystery to bed.

• Like 2

Guys Moore's diary says there was only 1 hairdresser on the set in Jamaica for Live and Let Die.

When referring to Coral Jr., Roger Moore says "Meet the man who shares my hairbrush," which has always puzzled everyone because it's not really a phrase. BUT WAS IT JUST A WEIRD META JOKE ROGER MOORE FOUND FUNNY AT THE TIME?

I need to put this mystery to bed.

But then couldn't he say that about everyone on set?

• Like 1

Love this episode.

Here are the averaged rankings you asked for (assigning 7 points to the highest ranking and so on down):

7. Moonraker: 1.67

6. For Your Eyes Only: 3

5. Man With the Golden Gun: 3.33

4 and 3 (tied). Spy Who Loved Me and Octopussy: 4.66

2. View to a Kill: 5

1. Live and Let Die: 5.67

Anyone who is interested in and knows Bond well should take this survey to help establish the best Bond film ever. It's based on something Doug Benson (I think) mentioned on an episode in season one. https://uwgreenbay.q...d72Aea6uiOILOp7

• Like 3

How did you do the calculation exactly? I'd imagine it'd be easy, but my maths are quite terrible. :)

• Like 1

How did you do the calculation exactly? I'd imagine it'd be easy, but my maths are quite terrible. :)

It's like calculating a Grade Point Average for each movie. (A=4, AB=3.5, B=3, etc.). You weight each category (plot, bond, bond girl, etc.) based on how valuable people think those categories are to the movie (that's what the question at the bottom is for. So, if people, on average, rate the villain as 30% important to how good a Bond movie, it becomes 30% of the final grade.

• Like 1

Just listened to this again. I love the reading of Roger's diary.

It's my birthday today. Happy birthday.

That's just so lovely and sad at once.

Sign in to follow this