🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 169.5 - Minisode 169.5

Even if they were the same age, it's still gross-o to watch little kids flirt. The weirdness was not just in your head.

Even if they were 18+ it would have been gross to watch because that dude was way over the top.

• Like 4

That clown sequence was really something else. I have a real problem with the goth kids. Not only do they accept the invitations to the MTV My Super Sweet Sixteen party but they attend, and not just to stand in the corner smoking and judging/laughing. I didn't know wearing dinosaur hats was a thing in any high school universe. It was a weird joke. I laughed at it, but still. Where were the Magic the Gathering LARPer kids?

Tidbit: Cameron and Dylan, the two male love interests, were also dolls. Chet Haze's nerd character was not, which is maybe why they abandoned his and Jade's thing.

• Like 3

I just realized this is yet another high school related HDTGM movie that came out the same year I was the age highlighted...

This and LOL... Shit...

• Like 3

That clown sequence was really something else. I have a real problem with the goth kids. Not only do they accept the invitations to the MTV My Super Sweet Sixteen party but they attend, and not just to stand in the corner smoking and judging/laughing. I didn't know wearing dinosaur hats was a thing in any high school universe. It was a weird joke. I laughed at it, but still. Where were the Magic the Gathering LARPer kids?

Tidbit: Cameron and Dylan, the two male love interests, were also dolls. Chet Haze's nerd character was not, which is maybe why they abandoned his and Jade's thing.

You are blowing my mind right now. I didn't realize Dexter was played by Chet Haze!

• Like 2

Amidst all the awful racial stereotypes in this movie, we also mustn't forget that not all deaf people are Beethoven.

• Like 1

I've bailed on the last 30 minutes of this movie twice now ... why the hell is this movie so long?!? And does it even matter how it ends?

Also, I'm a Cloe. I'm cool with that, since she most directly seems to piss off the Dimly girl.

You are blowing my mind right now. I didn't realize Dexter was played by Chet Haze!

What's blowing my mind is people know the side character names. I wouldn't habe been surprised if Chet Hanks was credited as "tall nerd"

• Like 2

What's blowing my mind is people know the side character names. I wouldn't habe been surprised if Chet Hanks was credited as "tall nerd"

Obviously, you and I weren't paying THAT close attention ;)

His name stuck with me. He was a nerd, so of course they named him Dexter.

• Like 3

I thought he was cute so I checked IMDB to see who he was and... then got really bummed out for the rest of the movie.

I also had some of these dolls... so this was a real embarrassment party all the way around.

• Like 4

I also had some of these dolls... so this was a real embarrassment party all the way around.

Yeeaaahhhh when they came out in 2001 my friend got me Jade (who I literally forgot was Jade until I looked up the actual dolls again) and my mom got me Yasmin for my birthday...

I bet somewhere in my mom's garage are those dolls amidst a bunch of Barbies lol.

• Like 4

Here you go!

I got Yasmin. I don't know what that means but if any man called me any of the nicknames on this quiz, I'd punch them.

Why is Jon Voight in "Bratz"???

i think this is the most shat upon movie (pre-episode) ever. and deservedly so. i'm still angry about it. who ever picked it needs to sit on the naughty step for a while.

also ...

SmSuMEN.jpg

it's on tubi tv: http://tubitv.com/vi...the_jazz_singer

Oh no, that''s the show I'm going to. Now I have to watch it. Shit. I was hoping for Ladyhawke!

• Like 3

Does MTV still do the Sweet 16 show? Just curious

Honestly I can't tell... According to IMDB they had it's last season 2011 but they say it's still currently airing?

Oh wait Wikipedia says the original series aired from 2005-2008 with periodic specials after that. Then it just got a revival this past May.

• Like 2

Yeeaaahhhh when they came out in 2001 my friend got me Jade (who I literally forgot was Jade until I looked up the actual dolls again) and my mom got me Yasmin for my birthday...

I bet somewhere in my mom's garage are those dolls amidst a bunch of Barbies lol.

I believe back in 2003 I had each of the girls and guys in their original outfits; none of that extra outfit cash grab nonsense for this (at the time) high school junior. :mellow:

For a second I was really confused why they would do The Jazz Singer until I rewatched it last night. Yikes. I must have blocked that first awful, awful scene from memory. Also, guys, prepare yourselves for the raw sexuality of Neil Diamond.

• Like 3

For a second I was really confused why they would do The Jazz Singer until I rewatched it last night. Yikes. I must have blocked that first awful, awful scene from memory. Also, guys, prepare yourselves for the raw sexuality of Neil Diamond.

I was confused too. I've never seen it but I always thought it had a decent critical reception. Maybe I was confusing it with the Al Jolsen movie.

• Like 1

I was confused too. I've never seen it but I always thought it had a decent critical reception. Maybe I was confusing it with the Al Jolsen movie.

When I told my mother, she swore it was a good movie as well. So, aside from the first club scene which I wish didn't exist, it's a weird-good movie, depending on your love for Neil. Like if you dislike Neil Diamond this is not the movie for you. And it is strange someone thought the world needed a Neil Diamond vehicle. There are some odd choices made, and Neil does just fine acting, but at times he has a very stilted stage presence that I never noticed before. I still like it as a whole though. It reminds me a lot of my grandfather's friends and my mother's stories of growing up in Skokie, IL.

I wonder if this means eventually we're going to get into Streisand.

• Like 3

i think this is the most shat upon movie (pre-episode) ever. and deservedly so. i'm still angry about it. who ever picked it needs to sit on the naughty step for a while.

also ...

SmSuMEN.jpg

it's on tubi tv: http://tubitv.com/vi...the_jazz_singer

My nerd notes for this are just "what is happening?!?" and "why is this so boring?"

• Like 4