🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DudeintheCity

Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

It managed to completely ruin the first one and make a joke out of itself, amazingly using the entire original cast from the first movie

If you get a chance, you should watch the documentary about the 1st one; Overnight. It's incredibly entertaining.

• Like 1

I liked the first one, but yeah #2 was #2. It was like a parody of itself. Having seen "Overnight," BS2 made me wish the director was NOT just paranoid and that someone actually followed through with a murder plot.

The first movie was fun and enjoyable but the sequel was one of the worst movies. Troy Duffy had lost his mind by the time he got to make this movie.

The first movie was fun and enjoyable but the sequel was one of the worst movies. Troy Duffy had lost his mind by the time he got to make this movie.

I'd seen the first one quite a while after it had become a "college dorm room poster" movie and really didn't get anything out of it. I was like "I get it, this guy grew up watching all the same crime films that I did and likes having everyone say 'fuck' a lot", but I have found that it's a good gateway movie to get the younger folks to watch the (sometimes not even that much) older films that this one apes at every turn. Had it actually been made and released when it was supposed to be, I think it would have fallen into the realm of movies that seemed to unsuccessfully try to be the next "Pulp Fiction" and would have fallen into obscurity, but in a way, it's fucked-up production history and relative obscurity when it WAS finally a real thing gave it a little distance, so it avoided direct comparisons for the most part. I've never seen the sequel, which seemed to exist only as a way for Duffy to get the rights back and get a piece of the merchandise, but I can't recommend "Overnight" highly enough. It shows what a complete piece of shit Duffy was from the start and how he deserved and earned every little piece of failure that he got.

Sign in to follow this