🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
wince84

Cop and A Half (1993)

Starring Burt Reynolds in his Razzie award winning role.
Directed by Arthur Fonzarelli himself, Henry Winkler.
Blossom's Joey Lawrence sang the end title theme song.
Tagline: One kid's fantasy. One cop's nightmare.

IMDB Link

• Like 1

Bump again.

This is one of those early 90s kids movies that I watched a lot. Where Rookie of the Year played out your childhood fantasy of playing professional baseball. Cop and a half played out that phase of your childhood when you played cops and robbers. Rookie of the Year still holds up somewhat. Not as much as The Sandlot, but Cop and a Half does NOT hold up AT ALL! And Burt Reynolds is in it. Just asking to be made fun of. And then there's the Elvis doo-wop bad guy...... uggghhhhh.....

• Like 1

One scene that creeped me the hell out is Burt takes a piss and the kid comes in and wants to cross streams "sword fight" with him.. WTF kid? I Hated the kids. He was a pain in the ass. Poor Burt.. You were the Bandit man!

• Like 1

The epic tale of detective McKenna and his new 8 year old black partner who just so happened to have key information regarding a murder that he was a first hand witness to. The events that follow are hard to explain but not to be missed.

One scene that creeped me the hell out is Burt takes a piss and the kid comes in and wants to cross streams "sword fight" with him.. WTF kid? I Hated the kids. He was a pain in the ass. Poor Burt.. You were the Bandit man!

I was just thinking about that today after I saw this movie posted. its extremely uncomfortable when a child is pretty much eye to eye with Burt Reynolds dick after knowing him for maybe an afternoon.

I'm Devon Butler!

I saw this for the first time tonight (It's on HBOGo for anybody who has it). I think this would be a damn good film for HDTGM to do. Holy shit, did I just refer to this piece of steaming shit as a "film"?...fuck me...Anyway, pre-resurrection Burt Reynolds just does not give a fuck about this film. I can't help but be impressed by the performance of Norman D. Golden III who was found after what must have been an exhaustive two hour open-call where they saw five, maybe six (tops!) child actors.

Highlights:

- drug dealer's drug ammo belt

- reuse of the line "I don't like to run" pretty sure it's duplicated ADR

- Bobo (the real Bobo, not the Bobo Bobo) portrayed as the biggest, baddest bastard in the biker bar...then riding off with Maxwell Caulfield's helmet from Grease 2

I would love to see HDTGM do an episode on this maybe purely to hear Jason's rage.

Henry Winkler has appeared on Children's Hospital & Comedy Bang Bang, so who knows, maybe he can be in on the fun. I did like this from IMDB:

This is the second and final film directed by Henry Winkler.

As I previously noted, The Fonz is still alive so the use of the word "final" is pretty telling of this film's performance.

Roger Ebert liked this movie of all things which caused him and Gene Siskel to have a debate about the film on their show! I believe they parodied that incident when they guest voiced on an episode of The Critic because of it.

• Like 1

Going through Eberts old reviews is really something to behold. I remember my mind being blown after reading his 3/4 star review for Money Talks.

Sign in to follow this