🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 21.5 — Minisode 21.5

There are so many fantastically bad horror films we could have chosen for this Halloween episode of How Did This Get Made?! We've combined our love of cheesy horror andunnecessarysequels and selected Leprechaun in the Hood. Are you good at photoshop? This week's game is for you. Design a better Leprechaun in the Hood poster for us and you might see it on Earwolf.com! Watch the movie, design the poster,get tickets for HDTGM LIVE, and have a spooky Halloween!

Excellent film choice, HDTGM crew!

Ice-T as mack daddy. That is all you need to know. PFT as Ice-T for this one?

When I watched this movie on VHS, the cover billed it as starring Ice-T, Coolio, and Warwick Davis in that order. This movie may as well be retitled Waiting For Coolio. He doesn't show up until the very end, and all he does is pop into the church to check out the rappers' show. Coolio doesn't have any lines, one of the rappers just says "Look man, it's Coolio!" while Coolio looks around. That's all the Coolio we see, and for that he gets second billing. This has never been said about anyone ever, but Warwick Davis would do well to hire Coolio's agent.

I'm pretty sure the reason the scene Davis is describing isn't in the film is because he says at the beginning that he's talking about Leprechaun 6: Back 2 Tha Hood...

Lep in the hood, always up to no good.

By the way, it's pronounced "Warrick". They talk about him on CBB all the time and it drives me crazy when that second "W" gets pronounced.

I love this movie. It's so unashamedly bad that you cannot view it seriously. The end part when they're dressing us as ladies to try to make him smoke four-leaved-clovers? Beyond logic.

Whoa, how f'd up is it that I'm actually excited to hear some form of commercial at the end? I am though.
*Movin' on up*

He had a goal, but not THAT many...

[attachment=9588,210]

After two "Boyz n the Hood," I figure we need a different kind of hood.

[attachment=9638,212]

I watched this in the week and was heavily inspired to include some of my favourite moments into the poster as well as give it a late '90's hip hop album cover style. The all too eager cross dressing, the baseball bat in the afro, the Leprechaun's finest limerick yet, the middle aged white pimp A&R VP and Coolio's speechless cameo. Thanks HDTGM for putting me onto this gem.

[attachment=9679,218]

Just watched this movie today, and all I can say is - wow, I can't wait to hear you guys talk about this one.
-
Also, I'd like to issue a challenge to all of these awesome Photoshoppers - who's going to photoshop the guys in dresses at the end of this movie into the To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar film poster?! Do it!

So tempting to use the Mobile Alabama leprechaun amateur sketch for this...

[attachment=9734,222]

Sign in to follow this