🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 507 - Popcorn Costume

Comedians Cameron Esposito and Rhea Butcher of Put Your Hands Together and Take My Wife join Scott and Mike the Janitor to talk about their upcoming tour “Back to Back,” a man eating peanuts with the shell at a baseball game, and the time Chris Gaines swept the nation. Plus, small business owner Gary Urbansky returns to talk about his previous failed businesses and his new venture into the wine business.

I DO have opinions on some of those things Scott, thanks for asking!

Whenever Mike the janitor is on, i briefly wonder about the real life cleaning crew at the Earwolf studios and if they are aware of that character.

Also are we talking live action Ghost Rider? Johnny Blaze or Robbie Reyes?

I miss JW Stillwater. Lettuce know.

I love that the name "Chef Kevin" has apparently been adopted by everyone at Earwolf.

I hate that Chef Kevin didn't capture any photos of Paul and Rhea losing their shit after Tawny made the Grape Lady noise.

• Like 5

I love that the name "Chef Kevin" has apparently been adopted by everyone at Earwolf.

I hate that Chef Kevin didn't capture any photos of Paul and Rhea losing their shit after Tawny made the Grape Lady noise.

If it's any consolation, Rhea posted a picture on her Instagram of Paul losing it about a week ago.

• Like 2

If it's any consolation, Rhea posted a picture on her Instagram of Paul losing it about a week ago.

21147899_1855637284461343_6202115380253556736_n.jpg

Mission accomplished!

• Like 9

21147899_1855637284461343_6202115380253556736_n.jpg

Mission accomplished!

Those where HeyNongMan-tzoukas levels of wheezing laughter... LOVE IT!!!

• Like 2

I've never heard PFT laugh for so long at a single joke!

I feel like "Hi I'm pregnant" runs it pretty close.

• Like 4

TN: Okay, I've crafted a really great gag that I'm going to get my character to allow to breathe and natura...

CE: TOMATO PASTE! IT'S NOT WINE, IT'S TOMATO PASTE!!!!

Sometimes I do a word association just to make sure I’m not asleep. :D

Everyone was great in this ep. I love love love Gary!!!

Unlike Gary, I very much enjoy the comedy of Tawny Newsome.

(And Paul F. Tompkins, which I realize is unrelated to this episode and its guests.)

I wonder if Paul has a purging process with his suits or he's just living atop a beautiful tailored mountain

He actually just talked about this on Throwing Shade! It's the former.

I've been a few weeks behind on my podcasts, so I just heard this one today, and it might be the hardest laugh I've had in a while. Things have been....not so great...in Fisterland for a lot of reasons, but being able to laugh at the absolute ridiculousness of this episode made them so much better for a bit.

A few thoughts

1. I really love Mike the Janitor. It's such a great character that gives Paul a chance to be Paul behind the veneer of the character more than, say, JW Stillwater, and it doesn't get bogged down in the mythology as much.

2. Cameron and Paul are still a fucking power duo. I love anyone that can come on with either PFT or Zouks and give Scott as much shit as possible without it feeling really mean. It always feels like they are just riffing and good-heartedly ragging on a dear friend, and I think that's wonderful.

3. Rhea is the low-key star of this episode. Some of her deliveries had me laughing harder than anything else in this ep. It was almost always throwaway jokes or alley-oops to someone else. But she's so fucking delightful.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this