🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 170.5 - Minisode 170.5

Paul claims to be a sandwich king but claims he was elected. Kings aren't normally elected. I wasn't going to question his legitimacy but things aren't adding up.

Paul is not a ruler by divine right, like Louis XIV.

He's an elected monarch, like the Holy Roman Emperor (who was neither Holy nor Roman).

1401x788-LindaRichman138454248.jpg

• Like 10

Paul Scheer at dress-up day:

aWTGjs.png

I'm almost positive he means what Cuba is wearing here:

1a76610365b791c2398c694ae79807b6.jpg

Honestly, I think baby Scheer could pull it off...

• Like 4

Paul claims to be a sandwich king but claims he was elected. Kings aren't normally elected. I wasn't going to question his legitimacy but things aren't adding up.

36716291980_ca636e195f_o.jpg

• Like 8

Hi guys! Just back from the Now Hear This Festival performance. (I went to the Javits Center ON PURPOSE, something I promised myself I'd never do.) Sad I couldn't meet up with any of you, but I am a strong independent woman who can go to podcasts alone.

I don't know when the ep will air (as you may have seen on Twitter it is the 1980 Neil Diamond remake of "The Jazz Singer" which was ROUGH to sit through). I made a sign and Paul pointed it out in the crowd, when June was announced, so when you hear that know it was me, purposefully being super nerdy to get on the podcast.

Also they did a meet and greet afterward and I was very sleepy but I said hey to the gang from the forums. Paul said he had a lot of fun with Cameron H today (how are you today, Cameron?).

• Like 9

Paul is not a ruler by divine right, like Louis XIV.

He's an elected monarch, like the Holy Roman Emperor (who was neither Holy nor Roman).

1401x788-LindaRichman138454248.jpg

I still quote/reference this sketch, if only to myself. A confluence of my nerdiness and Mike Myers being real funny as this absurd character.

• Like 2

36716291980_ca636e195f_o.jpg

If I went round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint threw a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

• Like 5

Also they did a meet and greet afterward and I was very sleepy but I said hey to the gang from the forums. Paul said he had a lot of fun with Cameron H today (how are you today, Cameron?).

I'm fine, Elektra, how are you?

I'm glad you had fun! It was really sweet of you to even think about us! Yeah, I never thought being called a segregationist could make me laugh, but here we are. :)

• Like 7

Polly, did you just win the Cracked Photoplasty?

Ha! Yep! It's my first top spot win!

• Like 6

Oh man, I am so jealous of anyone watching Miami Connection for the first time! My life has improved dramatically since I made "Against The Ninja" my morning alarm.

This is probably the last great unironically bad-good film. With films like Birdemic and The Room, although they have their unabashed champions (like me!), a large amount of their fanbase seem to be sort of complicit in (at the very least) ironic snark and (at worst) exploiting the delusions of a filmmaker who sincerely believed in their craft. I don't know; I'm approaching middle age and trying to reject the kind of kneejerk sarcasm and cynicism that has plagued pop culture since the 1990s.

I don't know when the ep will air (as you may have seen on Twitter it is the 1980 Neil Diamond remake of "The Jazz Singer" which was ROUGH to sit through).

Is that really a bad movie? I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but I LOVED the soundtrack. "Coming To America" is still a fucking jam and a half.

• Like 1

20 minutes in ... what the hell is this movie??? i mean ... what is it?????

It's a movie about "or-pans" and an indictment against Big T-shirt. Oh, and it's about being "Friends for Eternity" - just like us, guys :)

• Like 4

20 minutes in ... what the hell is this movie??? i mean ... what is it?????

It's a movie about a bunch of mature students who realize that even though they're in their 30s(at least) it's never too late to go to college, start a band or learn new things.

• Like 3

UCF-Central-Florida-Knights-Logo.jpg

I've spent quite a bit of time at UCF in my day and I love how dingy and gross it looks in this movie. It's really not that bad. And, Sorry. Spoiler Alert. 95% of "Miami" Connection takes place in Orlando.

• Like 3

UCF-Central-Florida-Knights-Logo.jpg

I've spent quite a bit of time at UCF in my day and I love how dingy and gross it looks in this movie. It's really not that bad. And, Sorry. Spoiler Alert. 95% of "Miami" Connection takes place in Orlando.

I just realized the C is for "central" right? Miami is clearly southern not central.

• Like 2

this movie is .... AMAZING!!!!

giphy.gif

This is what I mean when a movie needs to be made with sincerity. In terms of quality, it would be so easy to lump this together with Ninja Terminator or Hard Ticket, but because it is made with innocence instead of cynicism, it transcends from being merely a crappy movie and becomes something more.

• Like 2

giphy.gif

This is what I mean when a movie needs to be made with sincerity. In terms of quality, it would be so easy to lump this together with Ninja Terminator or Hard Ticket, but because it is made with innocence instead of cynicism, it transcends from being merely a crappy movie and becomes something more.

just finished the vice documentary on it. well worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet. it's on youtube

i can't wait for this episode ... there's so much to talk about

• Like 3

just finished the vice documentary on it. well worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet. it's on youtube

i can't wait for this episode ... there's so much to talk about

Thanks! I definitely will! I didn't know such a thing existed...

• Like 1