🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 170.5 - Minisode 170.5

Just FYI I think this might be region blocked or something because I just get "The video is not available"

it's on the vice site too. it might work for you here:

https://video.vice.com/en_ca/video/taekwondo-rockers-vs-cocaine-dealing-ninjas-the-true-story-of-miami-connection/56a94728377b9bb040dc77d6

or just copy paste and search the title in youtube .. there might be a copy up there somewhere

OK, so according to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, "Miami Connection" was screened at the CANNES FILM FESTIVAL?

Can this be true? Because if so, my mind is blown and whoever pulled that off deserves a feckin medal

• Like 2

OK, so according to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, "Miami Connection" was screened at the CANNES FILM FESTIVAL?

Can this be true? Because if so, my mind is blown and whoever pulled that off deserves a feckin medal

i wouldn't take to much mind of what anything it says on wikipedia ... they think this guys name is Stellan Skarsgård!!!

ZD7aye3.jpg

• Like 5

For anyone with Amazon Prime, Miami Connection is on two of the add-on channels: Con TV and Cinefest. There's nothing else really on there, but if you want to save yourself some money, you can sign up for a 7 day free preview and just cancel it before the week is up.

• Like 1

Coming out of hiding to say "WOO HOO" to Miami Connection. If you want to see it and not buy it I think it's up on PopcornFlix, which is available on Roku and Playstation 3 (and I think 4 and I think at least XBOX360. I haven't had any time to play games so I have older consoles that are operating as media streamers)

• Like 4

Coming out of hiding to say "WOO HOO" to Miami Connection. If you want to see it and not buy it I think it's up on PopcornFlix, which is available on Roku and Playstation 3 (and I think 4 and I think at least XBOX360. I haven't had any time to play games so I have older consoles that are operating as media streamers)

tumblr_inline_o40diep2wa1rie12f_500.gif

You've been missed!

• Like 3

How many times can you listen to the same song before you have to admit you have a problem? I've just listened to Lionel Ritchie's "You Are" three times in a row. That's got to be pretty close, right?

• Like 3

Just watching Miami Connection and having the best night ever...

tumblr_nib5sdbDWA1qedb29o1_500.gif

• Like 3

The actors in this movie are so committed and I love it and the 80's!

The lead guy looks kind of like Eli Manning. But he's too young, so I have to assume it's Archie Manning...

• Like 7

The actors in this movie are so committed and I love it and the 80's!

The lead guy looks kind of like Eli Manning. But he's too young, so I have to assume it's Archie Manning...

I agree! Everyone seems to having a hoot and a holler!

Welcome to the boards!

yCrM4b.gif

• Like 4

How many times can you listen to the same song before you have to admit you have a problem? I've just listened to Lionel Ritchie's "You Are" three times in a row. That's got to be pretty close, right?

Why is Google telling me this?

f77PMLX.png

• Like 3

Is that really a bad movie? I haven't seen it since I was a kid, but I LOVED the soundtrack. "Coming To America" is still a fucking jam and a half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFwSzZQ4MVI

We're not there yet but--oh boy is it. The soundtrack is apparently very popular. But Neil Diamond starred in one movie for a reason. I would describe him as "wallpaper-esque."

And I just realized this clip contains one of my fave moments, when the lights get brighter and everyone claps, Sir Laurence Olivier (playing Diamond's Jewish father?) looks around like "what are all these people doing here?"

• Like 2

Just now watching ...

I don't want to get too into specifics before the episode, but this was my first thought as well. There is also a lengthy shot with nothing but flags that say "Bayside".

This can't be a coincidence!

• Like 3

It's gonna be really weird to watch this movie sans RiffTrax, but I'm so excited. Like an orpan at a mailbox.

• Like 1

It's gonna be really weird to watch this movie sans RiffTrax, but I'm so excited. Like an orpan at a mailbox.

I've never watched it without Rifftrax either, and I was still very entertained. I even caught some things I had never noticed before.