🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Goatwitz

"Godfather of Podcasting"

Recently I've been hearing this term thrown around on a bunch of different podcasts but most recently on The Wolf Den to describe Jimmy Pardo. Rarely do I hear all the Tech podcasts that were around at the time mentioned except for the Pardo episode.

I just wanted to throw it out there that the podcast Diggnation which is ending this December was a very successful video podcast that started about a year before Pardo did. Even though it is a Tech podcast, it is mainly the banter and general goofiness that viewers have enjoyed and I think that this earns it the title of Comedy podcast.

What I'm getting at here is that I think it would be interesting to have the show's co-hosts Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht on the Wolf Den to talk about their podcast and maybe help the world of comedian podcasters to recognize them as "Godfathers" that started before Pardo and now have other successful podcasts apart from Diggnation.

Get Gervais on. Also if you can use Skype try and get UK comedian Richard Herring on. He's very funny, but more importantly a true pioneer in terms of podcasting here, and has 4 different podcast out - all with different formats and aims.

And whilst we're dreaming ... it would be nice for Cyber Thug Radio to make a return. Or at least for Jerry to pop into the studio from time to time.

I'd love to get Gervais on but unfortunately if I could get him, it wouldn't be to do TWD, it would be one of our bigger comedy shows. I'll look into Herring, I haven't heard of him until now.

Cyber Thug Radio will never return, no matter how many people ask. Can't happen.

I can try for Rose and Albrecht, although they are tough gets as well.

Thanks for the comments!

I'd love to get Gervais on but unfortunately if I could get him, it wouldn't be to do TWD, it would be one of our bigger comedy shows. I'll look into Herring, I haven't heard of him until now.

Cyber Thug Radio will never return, no matter how many people ask. Can't happen.

I can try for Rose and Albrecht, although they are tough gets as well.

Thanks for the comments!

I think when Jimmy is called the Godfather of Podcasting it's mostly a playful throwaway line and people aren't disrespecting the true pioneers of the game.

Speaking of which, why not hunt down the "real" "Podfather", Adam Curry, for a Wolf Den? There's a guy with a few stories from the trenches of not just podcasting but setting up a podcast network.

Sign in to follow this