🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 041: A View To A Kill with Kumail Nanjiani

Kumail Nanjiani joins Matt and Matt to discuss a James Bond movie for the ages. Specifically 57. That is the age of Roger Moore in this movie. It's got everything we never knew we wanted from a Bond movie. Including a tenuously unnecessary plot about race horses.

• Like 1

Great ep. "Fasting Furiously" is a FUCKING TERRIFIC IDEA.

I don't think it's necessarily common, but St. John (pronounced "sin-jun") actually is an upper-class British first name. [side note, no discussion of most British person in this one, but on name alone he might go in the driver's seat.] In the season of Mad Men where Sterling-Cooper was bought by a British agency, one of their executives was named that.

Also - "Oh, you say 'baby', too?"

• Like 2

I can only assume the title of the proposed Fast and the Furious podcast will be called The Fast and the Famished.

Also, is it possible that Hello from the Magic Tavern is making the rounds at Earwolf and everyone is picking Chunt the Badger's "Aw, yeah baby!"?

Hi Matts!

Last week you mentioned the scene in View To A Kill where the lake drains, leaving that fisherman high and dry (low and dry?), and wondered how the heck they drained the lake. According to The James Bond Archives (a heavy book you should own) it was your classic high tide/low tide situation with some underwater explosions for show! Below is a pic of the section in question.

BbLY83tm.jpg

Big fan of the show! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Great ep. "Fasting Furiously" is a FUCKING TERRIFIC IDEA.

I don't think it's necessarily common, but St. John (pronounced "sin-jun") actually is an upper-class British first name. [side note, no discussion of most British person in this one, but on name alone he might go in the driver's seat.] In the season of Mad Men where Sterling-Cooper was bought by a British agency, one of their executives was named that.

First, totally down to Fast Furiously.

Second, Python had several characters named "Sin-jin," such as Oliver St John Mollusk, who ran himself over during the Upper Class Twit of the Year:

eypl79uoe049fs9kyuky.png

What a great Twit!

• Like 1

A View To A Kill is one of the worst Bond films for numerous reasons but it does have a number of good elements. Just as Kumail remembered Q's robot from his childhood I remembered the horse jumping sequence with the poles rising and lowering but couldn't recall what film they were from. It wasn't until I watched AVTAK many years later that I rediscovered that sequence was from a Bond film.

The things that stick in your brain.