🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JoeRose

Constantine (2005)

+1.

I actually secretly love this movie. But I also acknowledge that it's terrible.

Plus it has Tilda Swinton playing a crazy insane angel.

Somehow, in Constatine, Keanu Reeves manages to over act his physical acting. I always enjoyed how much effort he put into lighting his cigarette.

There was so much to loathe in the movie even if you weren't a fanboy annoyed at a horribly miscast Keanu. Shia being, an early, and just as obnoxious as always self and possibly the worst singer turned attempted actor in Gavin Rossdale.. as he stumbles through trying to look menacing while flicking his chin and delivering lines like the cuecard is just out of vision.

But yes its a guilty pleasure... double the Weisz! Buy one you got another free.. and god damn if she isn't just so sexy and pouty, without actually pouting. rerr rerr... hubba hubba. etc etc. I love that scene in the bath as she looks questioningly at him from under water.

And that opening with the demon.. that was really cool and the use of that cigarrette as a visual prop was superb. The burning city of Diss with bisected faced demons.

Swinton as an androgynous angel.. she always rocks in those awkward roles.

And by no means least that god of devilishness Stormare as the very Devil himself. My all time favorite portrayal of his naughtiness on film. From his cancerous, ichor-dripping entrance to his annoyed temporary defeat. Delicious!

Sign in to follow this