๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 20 (CakeBug Tranch's 2nd Pick)

Is that why you wear those funny glasses with the fake nose?

I need a symmetrical face again and it's the only thing I could think of.

ย 

Adelaide

[media='']

[/media]

I want to say so much but will save it until next week.

• Like 3

I'll say that I have mixed feelings and leave it at that.

• Like 1

I need a symmetrical face again and it's the only thing I could think of.

ย 

ย 

Is the thing you need to say about that horrifying tooth black?

• Like 2

ย 

YOU GUYS ARE IN FOR A TREAT! Frank and Marlon! Anxiously planning a craps game! Ruthlessly betting over the emotions of Christians! Commitment phobia! Technicolor gangsters!

ย 

What's playin' at the Roxy? I'll tell ya what's playin' at the Roxy...

ย 

I'm very excited.

ย 

Sit down sit down sit down you're rocking the boat

• Like 2

Is the thing you need to say about that horrifying tooth black?

Yes that's part of it

• Like 1

This thread has me shocked at how many people don't know anything about Guys and Dolls! I thought this was one of those musicals that everyone had to either see or do in high school. This is my bubble as a former theater geek.

ย 

Anyway, the music will be pretty much unassailable. It's basically a Greatest Hits soundtrack, for classic Broadway showtunes. This movie adaptation might bring some more mixed reactions, we'll see.

• Like 5

My high school put on a G&D production, and I absolutely fell in love with it. I don't even know how many times I've seen this movie, and I think it is incredible. I don't know how much time I'll have to contribute to the conversation, but this pick totally redeems your last one, Cakebug! :)

• Like 6

If true, this bit from IMDb's trivia page is another in the long line of reasons why I have never been part of the Cult of Brando. The guy was just a fucking prick. There are also several "What If" casting choices that would make me have less mixed feelings about the movie, but we can discuss all those on Monday.

ย 

After filming repeated takes of the scene where Sky (Marlon Brando) and Nathan (Frank Sinatra) first meet, they had to quit for the day when Sinatra had eaten too much cheesecake. He said he could not take one more bite. Practical joker (some would say jerk) Brando, knowing how much Sinatra hated cheesecake, purposely flubbed each take so that Sinatra would have to eat piece after piece of cheesecake. The next day, they came back and shot the scene perfectly on the first take.
  • Like 5

Never seen Guys and Dolls ... most of my knowledge comes from that one Simpson's episode featuring "Luke Be a Jedi Tonight."

ย 

I had not seen "Guys and Dolls" either but I knew the song from "Mrs. Doubtfire"

• Like 1

I like how Max always keeps it fresh with his name :)

ย 

342846d3f8b225615c4f904edd121fb4.gif

• Like 4