🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Homework - The Matrix (1999)

Next week, Amy will be joined by comedian and actress Cameron Esposito to discuss the 1999 film "The Matrix."

"The Matrix" is available to view on Amazon here: http://a.co/0XKkbSR

And on YouTube here:

• Like 1

Very excited about this. This movie absolutely still holds up and the effect it had on the culture is profound. It's a philosophical and psychological textbook disguised as a fantastic sci fi action story, but throwing in readings about global warming, AI, feminism, and trans rights makes it relevant still to this day. Is there a question about whether this is Canon worthy? Feels like a shoo-in.

Esposito is absolutely the right guest for this.

You might be thinking of a previous Wachowskis movie. I would actually love to hear her discuss Bound. The Matrix? Not so much.

You might be thinking of a previous Wachowskis movie. I would actually love to hear her discuss Bound. The Matrix? Not so much.

Cameron co-hosted 100+ episodes of a sci-fi/action movie podcast called Wham Bam Pow. She's beyond qualified to discuss more than lesbian-centric movies.

• Like 4

Cameron co-hosted 100+ episodes of a sci-fi/action movie podcast called Wham Bam Pow.

Fair enough. I was seriously not aware of this podcast, I'll check it out.

And I'd genuinely like to hear her take on Bound, although I do have a hunch it'll come up in this week's conversation.

Sign in to follow this