🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 171.5 - Minisode 171.5

Garbage Pail Kids are still out there, helping a listener find true love, and more on this week’s mini-sode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Miami Connection, gives some recs, opens up the mail bag, and the Movie Bitches review Atomic Blonde. Plus, you’ll find out which movie we will be covering next!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli...wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. Paul can be seen on Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, Opening Night, and Veep. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The House, The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

wow, i had totally forgot about Cameron's separatist views ... thanks for reminding us Paul

#NeverForget

Not only do I support school cliques, I also don't believe food should ever touch upon a plate.

Amen, Cool James

• Like 7

Japan does seem like a really crazy place, what with all the...panda bears...

Mapa_distribuicao_Ailuropoda_melanoleuca.png

Pictured: the Giant Panda's range.

Not pictured: Japan

• Like 12

Japan does seem like a really crazy place, what with all the...panda bears...

Mapa_distribuicao_Ailuropoda_melanoleuca.png

Pictured: the Giant Panda's range.

Not pictured: Japan

#fakenews

I think I'll take my panda facts from Scheer, and not from a segregationist :D

• Like 9

#fakenews

Right? Plus, maybe he wasn't talking about literal pandas.

5QCLSJs.png

• Like 6

so, what's next week's movie?

The real question is how did they come up with the title character name: Bruce Leeroy?

• Like 1

re: Ninjas dressed in white

I'm sure the guy who called in knows what he's talking about, and I admit this is sort of the same thing, but I thought he was wearing white for the same reason that Moon Knight does:

moonknight-panels.jpg

It's not fair, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was kind of disappointed in Jason for not making that connection.

• Like 8

re: Ninjas dressed in white

I'm sure the guy who called in knows what he's talking about, and I admit this is sort of the same thing, but I thought he was wearing white for the same reason that Moon Knight does:

moonknight-panels.jpg

It's not fair, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was kind of disappointed in Jason for not making that connection.

and clearly the guy from ninja terminator didn't get the memo

15378520.jpg

he doesn't seem to care though

• Like 5

Teacher Gillian should move to Japan and date CB!

Cam Bert, you should try wearing a lot of turtlenecks and hanging around mailboxes.

• Like 2

The real question is how did they come up with the title character name: Bruce Leeroy?

“She said, ‘Are you stupid? It’s a movie. Don’t do it as a show. It’s a movie,’” Venosta remembers. “We were walking and I said, ‘So, who’s the guy?’ I was running through names of friends of mine from Brooklyn and I said, ‘Leroy.’ And she said, ‘Yeah, Bruce Leroy.’ I was actually reading the Shogun novel and I thought, okay, it’s Bruce Leroy and the Shogun of Harlem. I’m going to make it a Brooklyn-Harlem thing. Six weeks later, it was written. The kung fu movie structure was obvious. It was one of the easiest things, honestly, I ever wrote.

• Like 3

#fakenews

For the record: I love pandas. I don't think a segregationist would say that. They are the most integrated of all bears. ;)

giphy.gif

• Like 8

For the record: I love pandas. I don't think a segregationist would say that. They are the most integrated of all bears. ;)/>

giphy.gif

Like the black and white cookies of the bear world

• Like 6

Like the black and white cookies of the bear world

giphy.gif

Brotherhood has never seemed so delicious...

black+%26+white+cookie+5.JPG

(But zebras can fuck right off, amiright?)

• Like 4

Hey, music nerds, I'm trying to make a decision.

Siouxie and the Banshees, New Order, Bauhaus, or Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark?

• Like 4

Hey, music nerds, I'm trying to make a decision.

Siouxie and the Banshees, New Order, Bauhaus, or Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark?

Those are all excellent bands, and I'm not sure what we're deciding on, but I'll throw my hat in for OMD based solely on my lifelong crush of Andy McCluskey.

Got a slight jolt of anxiety just hearing Christmas with the Kranks. I was working at Hollywood Video when that came out for rent and every single DVD our store received was warped. So many angry customers. And I was made to watch every copy to see how bad the damage was. Some of them wouldn't play at all, some would get janky half way through. That was a bad time.

• Like 4