🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 171.5 - Minisode 171.5

Does anyone here have an iPhone that they just updated? If so, are you still using the Podcasts app? Again if so lol, have you figured out how to get all podcasts to just play one after another? They've COMPLETELY fucked up this app in the update and you have to go into the app after each individual episode ends to start a new one, which is fucking bonkers. It seems according to the podcast app support forum on the Apple site that most of the dummies at Apple never even used this app because someone had to actually explain to them how it used to work and why that was better.

It works fine for me, from the "unplayed" section of the podcast app.

It works fine for me, from the "unplayed" section of the podcast app.

When I updated it took away the "unplayed" section and replaced it with "Listen Now." Then when I click on an episode it no longer plays immediately but takes me to the individual episode page where then I get to hit "play," but afterwards it doesn't play the next episode listed and just stops.

I still have the option to set up a playing queue but I legit then have to go through every single episode and go through the whole process of getting to the episode page and hitting "play later" instead of them just fuckin playing lol.

Weird! iOS 11?

Yeah! So far I'm fucking livid with the changes lol. By a design standpoint and an ease of use standpoint.

Yeah! So far I'm fucking livid with the changes lol. By a design standpoint and an ease of use standpoint.

I don't understand why we have different podcast app functionalities. Ugh, Apple!

I don't understand why we have different podcast app functionalities. Ugh, Apple!

Right!? And apparently I've seen some people talk about "stations" in their app now and I don't see that at all so I'm literally sitting here TRYING TO JUST GET MY EPISODES TO EFFING PLAY like

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

• Like 3

I'm still getting used to Stitcher (I was using Howl before).

And while Howl would sometimes not open/ take forever to load or play/ sometimes crash while I was using it... I actually miss it and think I liked more than Stitcher?

Howl's search function I like way better at least.

Cause I liked being able to search for certain eps by searching a name of the guest.

Like I like listening to eps of different podcasts when they have guests I like (like Scheer, June, Zouks, PFT, Aukerman, etc) Or I relisten to a lot of Harris Wittels' appearances on Comedy Bang Bang.

I've been introduced to other podcasts this way by listening to people's guest spots.

And can't seem to search that way on Stitcher, or maybe you can and I just don't know what I'm doing, lol.

• Like 2

Does anyone here have an iPhone that they just updated? If so, are you still using the Podcasts app? Again if so lol, have you figured out how to get all podcasts to just play one after another?

I think I've updated recently, and my podcast app looks exactly the same ... I've got "Unplayed" instead of "Listen Now." And everything plays in the order they appear.

But if this is something coming down the pike ...4dffa235c7826cc762cd7999d1b47e4e.jpg

• Like 5