🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
BuseyForPresident

D.C. Cab (1983)

Yes, that cast does exist within one movie, the wonderful D.C. Cab. If you weren't convinced already by the casting of Mr. T and Gary Busey together, then I will tell you this - This marvelous movie was written by Joel Schumacher. Yes, the man that gave Batman nipples in those terrible Batman movies. Even Bill Maher, Otis Day, Paul Rodriguez, The Barbarian Brothers, and Bob Zmuda have some screen time in this picture.
What's crazy is the movie tries to teach racial equality, but just comes off completely racist. Then there's also a flame thrower for absolutely no reason, an amazing speech given by Mr. T in front of the Lincoln memorial, and a plot that changes so much that in retrospect you have no idea what the movie was about.
You must watch this movie. So bad that it's entertaining.

IMDB description:
The tale of a hapless group of cabbies and a rundown cab company owned by Harold. Albert comes to town with a dream of starting his own cab company but needs to motivate Harold's employees to want to make something out of themselves. It is only when Albert is kidnapped that the cabbies must decide whether or not they are loyal to Albert and his cause.

• Like 4

New forum nerd/listener. This movie is a favorite terrible movie of mine. I had it on VHS in the 80s and 90s, got the DVD in the 00s, now I have it scanned into my iTunes. Every night before I go to bed, I play a movie, screen brightness and volume on low. It's white noise to help me sleep. I have a rotation of movies, and DC Cab is a regular. It's not a boring, sleep-indusing film, but it's one I know so welll that I can play it without the need to get caught up in the insane story.

I used to host a bad movie night once a month among frinds, and DC Cab was considered the most unintentionally loved, the most reviled, the most confounding, the most bizarre film my friends had seen. There was no indifference to it.

DC Cab on HDTGM needs to happen.

• Like 3

Great movie. It was required viewing at my last job.

I always laugh at how the end credits parade sequence obviously goes on so much longer than they planned for. They end up showing different angles of the same shot of Mr. T showing Adam Baldwin his sitting dance on top of the cab over and over.

Loved this move as a 7-year old. This is the way I (at age 7) would imagine driving a cab and being a grownup to be like.

I would love to have Bill Maher, Gay Busey, Mr. T, and Paul Rodriguez over for dinner just to talk about this movie.

Busey shows a glimpse of his current self when he points out that Bruce Lee will be thawed out and brought back to life when the economy gets better.

Gary Buusy. My goodness the casual racism and despite all odds comrodery between a truly eclectic cast of characters provides more than enough fodder for you and the gang to take carnal pleasure in the thorough dissection of this cinematic master pierced.

I've witnessed movie magic tonight and if you guys don't want to share it with the world I'll do it myself. I'll start my own rival podcast called "I can't believe someone paid for for this production" R TM. and talk about it myself to the rest of the world. Much love P da T Diz

• Like 1

Joel Schumacher's second directing credit, for which he also got writing credit. It stars Mr. T, Bill Maher and Gary Busey. It has Timothy Carey as the Angel of Death.

"Naive but good natured young man Albert Hockenberry (Baldwin) arrives in Washington, D.C. with plans to work for his late father's army buddy Harold (Gail), owner of the run-down District of Columbia Cab company. Aware of the sorry state of his business and from the growing competition from the popular Emerald Cab Company, Harold wants to clean it up but doesn't have the financial means to do so. Complicating matters is the motley group of cab drivers that he has working for him. They all see driving as a dead end job while they wait for better lives, until Albert inspires them to work as a team.

A valuable violin is found in one of the cabs earning Harold and his wife a $10,000 reward as owners of the cab. Harold wants to share the money with the drivers and let them invest in the cab company as partners. However, his greedy wife Myrna picks up the reward money and tosses Harold and Albert's belongings out of the house. The cabbies are not happy about losing their share of the reward, so Albert decides to donate $6,063 of his own money to the cab company and convinces the drivers to stay and make something of the company and themselves. The cabbies completely overhaul the entire business and the revitalized company soon supplants Emerald Cab as the most popular in the city.

Later on, the cabbies work together to rescue Albert and a diplomat's two children after they're kidnapped. The movie ends with a parade in DC Cab's honor."

Trailer

???

dc-cab.jpg

I just found out that Mr. T had a starring movie role and this is it. I have to find this streaming somewhere as it sounds unreal!

Sign in to follow this