🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 172.5 - Minisode 172.5

Rap song correlations, a mountain made of mashed potatoes, and much more on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for The Last Dragon, Blake J. Harris interviews director Michael Schultz about The Last Dragon, and the Movie Bitches review Home Again. Plus, you’ll find out which movie we will be covering next!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepublic.com/user/howdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. Paul can be seen on Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, Opening Night, and Veep. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The House, The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

I can't seem to get the download. What movie is next?

Virtuosity.

Paul says it's only available on Amazon to buy the DVD, but it's currently on YouTube in full.

• Like 6

FINALLY!

Nearly five years since I put this up in the recommendation forum but it is so worth it to have this enjoyable trainwreck covered by the show. Also, this movie is what almost killed MMA as a sport in the US due to the five minute scene featuring real life UFC fighters.

• Like 4

Oh, Virtuosity. I remember watching this at a friend's house as a kid on their parents’ very illegal cable box. We loved this movie, maybe because Crowe is so looney tunes in it. We watched so many inappropriate things. I have a special place in my heart for 1995 movies because of that cable box.

• Like 1

I freaking LOVE Virtousity. I'm so excited for this one.

I also don't want Paul to feel bad about just discover CE3K, I just watched Jaws for the first time like 5 years ago.

Could Paul, on one Minisode, do a segment where he improves the world from a position of pervasive all knowing divinity, and call it: Corrections & Omniscience?

Never heard of Virtuosity, but it sounds like the opposite of Ghost in The Machine. I'm curious.

ALSO a great tweet relating to the minisode and The_Triple_Lindy's theory, for those who have not seen:

• Like 7

Never heard of Virtuosity, but it sounds like the opposite of Ghost in The Machine. I'm curious.

ALSO a great tweet relating to the minisode and The_Triple_Lindy's theory, for those who have not seen: https://twitter.com/...795884872060928

Wow. A hero walks among us.

Excited about Virtuosity! I haven't seen it in a long time but I had a friend who was obsessed with Russell Crowe in that post-Gladiator period. And I was like, "dude this is legit nonsense."

Think this will be a crossover with DENZEL WASHINGTON IS THE GREATEST ACTOR OF ALL TIME PERIOD? They seem to have stopped podcasting though.

• Like 8

ALSO a great tweet relating to the minisode and The_Triple_Lindy's theory, for those who have not seen: https://twitter.com/...795884872060928

I think this tweet has given me The Glow ... thanks, Jammer!

whos-the-baddest.jpg

Also, it's hard to describe how mind-blowing Virtuosity was as a teenager in the dawn of widespread computer technology in the 90s. Of course it looks horribly dated and silly now, and the plot is ludicrous, but I got love for this flick. Plus, Denzel almost never plays a character like this. Can't wait for the next episode!

• Like 6

Excited about Virtuosity! I haven't seen it in a long time but I had a friend who was obsessed with Russell Crowe in that post-Gladiator period. And I was like, "dude this is legit nonsense."

Think this will be a crossover with DENZEL WASHINGTON IS THE GREATEST ACTOR OF ALL TIME PERIOD? They seem to have stopped podcasting though.

I had the some question, but I know Bell and Avery are both really busy with other projects, that's why DWITGAOATP ended.

• Like 1

Has there ever been a HDTGM movie with two Oscar winners in it?

I know Crowe hadn't won it yet, but I'm counting him anyways.

By the way, I am totally bummed that I will be in Boston ... the weekend before you guys are there.

Come to Pittsburgh!

Has there ever been a HDTGM movie with two Oscar winners in it?

I know Crowe hadn't won it yet, but I'm counting him anyways.

The Tourist has Angelina Jolie who won for Girl, Interrupted and was written by Christopher McQuarrie who won for writing The Usual Suspects. Johnny Depp had also been nominated for Pirates at that point.

• Like 1

"Wicker Man." Nicolas Cage won for "Leaving Las Vegas," and Ellen Burstyn won for "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore."

"Trespass." Nicolas Cage, and Nicole Kidman won for "The Hours."

"Toys." Robin Williams won for "Good Will Hunting," and Jamie Foxx won for "Ray."

I feel like there are more, but not sure what they are.

• Like 2

We've had many more get Oscar nominations but I think (as of right now early in my research) those are the few with more than one Oscar winner

EDIT:

Tiptoes! Oscar winners Matthew McConaughey (Dallas Buyer's Club) and Patricia Arquette (Boyhood)

Reindeer Games! Ben Affleck (Good Will Hunting, Argo), Charlize Theron (Monster), AND Isaac Hayes (Shaft)

The Fate of the Furious! Charlize Theron and Helen Mirren (The Queen)

The Lake House! Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side) and Christopher Plummer (Beginners)

Holy moly I think Wild Wild West has the most Oscar nominated people in it, though. Will Smith, Salma Hayek, and Kenneth Branagh have nominations while Kevin Kline actually won for A Fish Called Wanda.

• Like 2

The Devil's Advocate

Starring Oscar winners Al Pacino and Charlise Theron, directed by Oscar winner Taylor Hackford, co-produced by Oscar winner Arnold Kopelson

Ooh, Winter's Tale

Starring Oscar winners Jennifer Connelly, Russell Crowe, William Hurt, Eva Marie Saint, written and directed by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman, scored by Oscar winner Hans Zimmer

• Like 2

Ooh, Winter's Tale

Starring Oscar winners Jennifer Connelly, Russell Crowe, William Hurt, Eva Marie Saint, written and directed by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman, scored by Oscar winner Hans Zimmer

I think we're focusing on acting wins but this still becomes our highest with 4! I completely forgot that Jennifer won for A Beautiful Mind!

• Like 4

I think we're focusing on acting wins but this still becomes our highest with 4! I completely forgot that Jennifer won for A Beautiful Mind!

Ha, I've been checking cinematography and art direction

Well shit, now the librarian side of me is starting a list of nominees and winners of the HDTGM catalog.

• Like 3

i bet its besser or kroll because they have new projects to plug.