🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 22.5 — Minisode 22.5

Oh, hi there! One of the most requested, most beloved, and most revolutionary bad movies of our time has to be The Room. We've finally decided to tackle it and we're going to do it right! The Room will be the latest How Did This Get Made? Director's Edition as we bring in Greg Sestero, aka Mark, to talk to us about the production of this "black comedy." Your assignment for this week is simple: WATCH THIS MOVIE!

Thanks for getting Sestero for this upcoming episode. Should be awesome...

Fellow fans: If you're unfamiliar with this one, there are a million YouTube clips of some of the "best" scenes. Pretty epic stuff.

Glad you decided to do this "epic" bad movie! I will gladly submit myself to viewing it again for the sake of the podcast...

Didn't Tim and Eric make fun of of this film on one of there episodes? Or were they just making fun of Tommy Wiseau?

met Tommy and Greg earlier this year at a screening. he's just as surreal in person.

I am going to have to dust off the old tuxedo and football for this one.

I've only seen the censored version when adult swim airs it for April Fools, will have to get my hands on a copy to finally see what's behind all the blurring.

You're my favorite customer.

Katelyn, you are only missing uncomfortably long shots of Tommy Wiseau's ass mid sex. Those scenes are really disturbing and otherwise offer nothing to the movie...so, yeah, you need to see them.

While I don't think movies made outside of the studio system should get reviewed on HDTGM (how it got made: Tommy Wiseau is a crazy man with money somehow), I am very excited to hear from someone involved in the movie what working on it was like. Because everything I've seen or heard about him leads me to believe he is in fact an alien zombie that made a movie and does not know what breakfast is.

So glad you are finally doing this! No one in real life understands my obsession with this movie. The first time I watched it, I had to turn it off because it felt like I was making fun of someone who is developmentally retarded.

For super fans, check out these sites, they are the best:

http://dirtypotter.com/theroomprequel/

http://theroomnovelization.blogspot.com/

And, The Room, The Game:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/the-room-the-game

After watching this, I started talking to friends about it and discovered that I'm the only person in the world who has never seen it or heard of it. My own roommate was part of the house band for the East Village screenings, which unfortunately ended last month. I can't believe I missed out on it, but this will be fun too -- thanks!

Please start this episode with "Oh hi Mark!"

This is going to be a weird one. What makes this podcast so great is how far you delve into the peculiarities, plot holes, mistakes, and generally ridiculous things of the films you review, both large and small. But those are normal (mostly) movies, albeit bad or misguided ones (or just crazy, like Punisher: War Zone). This film, however, is one giant plot hole jelly donut, with horrendous acting instead of jelly. It's not really even a movie. I don't know where you can go with it. How do you not make it a "beating the handicapped kid" kind of thing?

I'm excited to see this one. I'll still be holding my breath for you guys to do Paul Haggis' "Crash", my own personal greatest "WTF?" movie.

Ah! So excited for this episode.
The conga line of humiliation for Wiseau does not end with this movie, either. The guy has a YouTube channel...reviewing(?) video games. It's mind-boggling to witness, possibly more so than The Room. At this point I have to wonder if he's either lacking in all self-awareness or some kind of long-con performance artist.

Sign in to follow this