🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
sacvile

Samurai Cop (1991)

We have a thread for that already. I have brought it up several times, and there's a few other people here who are vocal supporters. While I personally think it would make an excellent HDTGM, it's very obscure and hasn't quite reached the notoriety of Gymkata or even Deadly Prey.

I can't believe this movie has not yet been reviewed. Be sure to listen to the commentary track as it is funny and provides insight into the making of this monumental cinematic achievement.

Rationale:

- The most amazing/worst buddy cop movie ever made.

- Half-assed Harold Faltermeyer-type score.

- Blatant shot/audio re-usage.

- Reaction shots obviously done on a different day than what they're reacting to.

- The angriest "angry police captain" of all time.

- Distracting use of threaded lion artwork.

- The most inappropriate workplace innuendo.

- Acting(?)

Just came here to recommend this very movie!

I saw it at a "midnight madness" screening on my birthday a few years back and had a fucking blast. It is so ripe for this show!

Lots of stuff for Jason to jerk it to.

Yeah, this movie is basically why I joined the forums. That and to talk about face waterfalls. This movie is a must-do. Yes, it is awesome, and Mr. Mantzoukas would probably say this is a Thank God This Was Made, but it's perfect for the show. It's so. Fucking. Bizarre.

Edit: "I feel like someone stuck a big club up my ass, and it hurts. I gotta figure out a way to get it outta there."

Bumping this because a video podcast called Old School Wrestling Review that I love just did a "Samurai Cop" episode for SOME reason, and it's pretty fantastic. There are a few wrestling references* and callbacks to previous episodes, but nothing that's too confusing, as well as some "Samurai Cop 2" and "The Room" discussion.

*- Most notably, they call Robert Z'Dar's character Knox or "Quarter Past Ten", due to his resemblance to wrestler Mike Knox and a way that he had posed his arms in one of the pictures that they've used of him several times.

I don't know if they could even do this movie. It would have to be a multi-part episode because the movie is a non-stop insanomess from second one.

This movie needs to be done. It begs the "how did this get made" question more than maybe any other film I've seen. They didn't have lights so they just shot during the day. The lead actor cut his hair so they had to use a terrible terrible wig for reshoots. Robert Z'Dar is in it as a man who is maybe supposed to be Japanese? Oh and the main character is said to speak fluent Japanese but never displays this.

It needs a wider audience. HDTGM can and thus has a duty to supply this. Plus I think you guys would really dig it.

This post is probably a drop in the ocean, but I've rarely ever been more sincere. There really ought to be an ep for this. Consider my voice one of many saying that and just record one already.

It's hard to believe this movie has yet to feature on HDTGM. Truly one of the most entertaining bad movies I have ever seen, and one of few that I can watch over and over again. It just never stops giving, from the Japanese villain inexplicably played with a Mexican accent, awful dialogue, continuity errors in virtually every frame, cringe worthy sex scenes and some of the best bad line readings I have ever seen (the dinner scene is my favorite - see here

). Highly recommended.
  • Like 1

This is one of just a few non-MST3K bad movies I will never tire of watching. Samurai Cop, The Room, Deadly Prey, and an obscure Canadian piece of shit called Beyond The Seventh Door. Anyone who hasn't seen this absolutely needs to.

• Like 1

I still cant believe they havent done this masterpiece yet, I saw it last year for the first time and I have watched it about 5 times since as it is a classic. It definitely is a film that will have something for everyone and is definitely so bad its amazing

I know I am probably beating a dead horse, but Samurai Cop is the greatest terrible movie ever made. It is transcendental in its badness. Its an example of how cocaine can effect creativity when it's a principal factor in the production of a movie from inception to release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6gk04xzN3U

Now you can watch that youtube clip, or you can enjoy the film unspoiled and have an anuerysm. I implore anyone who enjoys really bad films, and who hasn't heard of this one to watch it, and it's double feature companion: Hollywood Cop.

Wow. That escalated quickly.

I just saw this movie today, the RiffTrax version on Amazon Prime, and I am in no way surprised that this movie has three pages devoted to it here. It is insane.

"Hey Preacher, while we're waiting, let's fuck!"

"Shut up!"

This is actual dialogue from the movie.

And it becomes alarming to me that I've now seen three movies with Melissa Moore in them in my life. I may have to rethink some decisions I've made in my life.

Just saw the Rifftrax Live version of Samurai Cop last night, and I really do hope the guys watch this movie sometime soon! It really has everything, bad racism, insane plots, horrible acting, and some great one liners!

How about a Samurai Cop and Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance double feature?!

There are so many WTF moments and lines in this movie. Now that they've done Miami Connection and Hard Ticket to Hawaii, I think this one should be next.

This movie has everything!!! I don't even know where to start, just do yourselves a favor and watch this movie!!!