🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 131 — Honorary Mayor of Hollywood

fuck that was so funny i had to listen to "can you hold on to this for half an hour" twice. I love that show.

didn't love this one. really felt like daly was the funniest guy in the room, but he kept getting railroaded in different directions instead of building towards something of his own. hearing jason scream at him to shut up was tiresome the first time it happened, let alone the seventh.

still lots of enjoyable parts, but it just didn't quite meet my expectations given the guests.

That's kind of the whole point Johnny. Daly's has these arcs he goes through for his the characters, so it was funny that they kept telling him to shut up so aggressively as it as it subverts the show's usual formula. Also since Daly is such a good improviser it means he can cope with being railroaded. That's kind of why he's so good.

Just when I think Andy's character couldn't get any more bizarre, he throws the "Hail Satan" in there. I agree that Jason was driving things a bit too much, but Andy is so good he can take it.

I know they are professional comedians and all, but I can't understand how they don't break character to crack up every few minutes. "Underwater Houdini"? I lost it.

I'm definitely a fan of Darrell Hammond. I hope he finds peace with this in his life and can achieve true happiness in the very near future. He's earned it.

I loved Hammond, he was the last of the 90s greats and will go down as one of my favorite cast members.

[attachment=10510,246]

I'm going to have to go back and pinpoint the exact moment when Chip Gardner, like Hotdog, devolved into Bill Carter: Trainer for the Stars, Seeking Stars.org.

Just thinking of Jason yelling at Chip puts a smile on my face.
With this episode, Andy Daly has done the impossible. He has tied Paul F. Tompkins as my favorite CBB guest! Congrats, Andy!

On the question about the Bill Carter morphing...the answer is Episode 74# 55min/ 58 seconds into the podcast... I just listened to this one again and I'm starting to wonder if Bill is one of the 30 heads on the beautiful satan monster that Chip is cobbling together... incidently there are so many similiarities between the 2 characters it's hillarious.. everyone needs to listen to this again.

Andy...please tell me you are working to bring to life a visit from this mysterious "man who operates in international waters. " He must have great STUFF to tell about his floating Island of Dr, Moreau/ Sausage Stuffing factory.

PLEASE GET ANDY AND PATTON TOGETHER AGAIN!!! I NEED A LITTLE MORE SOMETHING FOR DADDY!!!

@Julia Nailed it with that pic! I was trying to find something that embodied the leaky face-ness. You hit gold.

@Everyone who didn't think the cutting remarks were funny, but loved the rest of the show. . . who ARE you people!? The rest of the show hit on suicide, child victimization, satanism, domestic violence/murder, etc. It was ALL funny. I laughed the loudest at Scott and Jason doing the cutting bits. Then it became one the best running gags of the episode.

Something must be wrong with me because the more they yelled at Chip to just STFU the harder I laughed. Was in tears during some of it. "What the shit, man?!" ROFL

Andy Daly is the man! Hail Satan!

So, is the pic of Jason on the floor from right after he and Scott both said, "3, 2, 1, CHIP GARDNER!"?

Loved this ep. Scott and Jason were on fire, Andy was hilarious as usual.

Want Jason back more often!

Sign in to follow this