🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

24 - Songs of Experience

Adam Scott Aukerman return to discuss U2's fourteenth studio album Songs of Experience and with the permission of the band give listeners an EXCLUSIVE first listen to the album track by track. Plus, we get a much needed Harry Potter and Halloween update from Adam and much more!

Buy new U Talkin’ U2 To Me? t-shirts at podswag.com.

• Like 3

Oh, my god!!!! This is like being on crack-cocaine (I presume). Two things I've been ferverently waiting for combined, the new U2 album and Scott & Scott. I want to listen to this desperately but I also want to hear the album properly for the first time on Friday. I don't know what to do! Help me, Jesus (Bonobos)...

• Like 1

oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god!

• Like 1

hooray!

this ep felt dangerously close to actually being an encyclopedic source of information on the band ...

(checks notes)

You To.

also, massive "yessss" on the REM idea

• Like 3

This was so good. Also it was Time of the Season by The Zombies that they were trying to think of while I was eating lunch away from a computer. Just to get it on record in the big ol Earwolf Forums

• Like 3

I'm in that Venn diagram of loving the Scotts talking nonsense and also genuinely liking U2, but I really only like them in the 80s. My favorite song is "Bad" (it should be called "Good!") and I really like War and Joshua Tree, but new U2 is always pretty difficult to stomach. BUT, it's still really fun to hear Scott and Scott talk some '2 - even modern day '2 - so I say keep 'em coming, Bonobos! 365 new albums, please!

I would also really like to see REM fans slowly get frustrated and angry over the course of 45 minutes.

• Like 2

I think the REM podcast should be called 'R U Talkin' REM Again?'

Hello, I think I would be interested in this podcast but I do not know enough about the band to devote time to an "insider's" podcast.

Can someone tell me if the hosts are considerate to those who are not U2 superfans and offer some background information, such as who are the members of this group?

• Like 1

100% down for REM!! I've been clamoring since it was casually suggested how ever many years ago now (somewhere around Prisoner of Azkaban, I think). Scotts the Frequency...Scott?

I hate U2 and can't stand their music, but I never miss this encyclopedic recounting of everything U2.

(Bonus.... reading all the iTunes comments from U2 fans who have written tomes on how Scott and Scott make a lot of stupid jokes and hate this show while listening to this show made it hard to breathe, I was laughing so hard.)

I'd listen to an REM podcast but I'd listen to pretty much any Scott and Scott podcast. I feel like the question was "REM: yes or no" and not a call for brainstorming but as someone who doesn't care about REM something a little wider like early shows / concerts you went to, how you got into certain bands, stuff you liked a long time ago and whether or not it holds up now, or just a general music podcast that offers an opportunity to occasionally talk about weirder or more obscure stuff would be sweet for me personally, which is the podcast I would like hear - one that is made for me personally. Thank you!

• Like 1

Would love an R.E.M. podcast. The time U Talkin U2 was releasing weekly episodes was by far my favorite time for podcasts. Miss having the dynamic Scott duo on the regs

Does anyone remember which episode it is where Scott originally did the "Did you like that one Adam?" bit he briefly does in this one around 31:35? I just remember finding that really funny.

Sign in to follow this