🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 215 - Kate Berlant and John Early, Our Close Friends

Sean and Hayes say hello to KATE BERLANT and JOHN EARLY and talk to them about being duos and the business of Hollywood.

• Like 7

Thanks Dalton. This sounds good. I'll be sure to listen and tell you what I think.

• Like 12

I understand why Moriarty sabotaged the Christmas tree stand, I just don't get Kevin's motivation to cover for him.

• Like 8

I finally got caught up, and now I understand this new comic book flavored promotional ad that I'd recently seen on the Harry's Razors website.

Jt6CVVU.png

It's totally bad ass and rad, but it looks like they're using this candy cane thing to ease their customers into the idea of eating razors again. Sure, I fell for it once or twice in the past, but they ain't tricking this guy into eating razors ever again! Even if that handle does look really super yummy. I at least hope Sean and Hayes are getting a big payday out of this since Harry's has apparently decided to adopt Santa Man as their official mascot.

• Like 14

goddamit kevin, water damage on hardwood floors can sustain structural damage and promote mold growth if gone untreated.

that wasn't very bestfreindly of you.

• Like 10

just bought two of the new shirts and did lots of experiments and yes the boys do kiss if you and a friend hug while wearing them, but if you give your friend an upside down hug it's like H&S are 69ing themselves

and I got your PC culture right here, but instead it stands for Podcast Champions because this ep was total legend

• Like 15

Was so good

• Like 8

ok ok i thought of a little something to post this week:

john and kate plus.... gr8!!! hosts that is. I love sean and hayes.

alright that about wraps it up, catch you all later

• Like 8

Well gosh darn it to heck. They already sold out of the "I love you" t-shirts. Until they get more I'm going to have to just wear a grey t-shirt inside out and hope people think I'm being loved and being in loved with. Just to make it seem real I'll preemptively offer the information every once in a while. I also don't want people to think I'm a weirdo who wears their shirts inside out for no reason so I'll point to the areas I imagine their faces will be and explain "I swear that they're looking at me. They love me and they're in love with me. If you let them love you too we can hug. They will kiss each other twice at the same time." I'll say it in the most serious tone of voice as possible so that it sounds more believable that it's a real HH t-shirt. I'll even explain how I'm going to cut the tag off and send it to Kevin. If they're regular Google users they'll likely respond with "That creepy MMA fighter?", and I'll nod and say "Also hard wood floor ruiner." I'm already so excited imagining all the friends I'm going to make! And I swear I'll buy a genuine t-shirt when they become available again.

• Like 6

Did you guys see that stitcher put the ads back in like I asked them to?

• Like 8

after an exciting HH forum fantasy music collective draft we now have a strong core membership to build our super group around. if you didn't get a chance to join last week just tell us your instrument and main influences

current lineup:

... on glass harmonica, tubular bells and guitar

VitaminSee on vibes

CiscoKid on a little tambourine and backup vocals

greggy on meat flute

JJPI on cheek poke raindrop sound

mwn's instrument is the whole world

cmb on accordion, kazoo and rainstick

the ostrich is on the vacuum

urinalcake is on dobro

Weiser is playing hard to get

nohorseman on keyboard

our first jam session is coming up so make sure your gear is ready. we will start work on doing a good set list

please choose ONE COVER SONG and ONE ORIGINAL SONG of your own for the set list

my cover is November Rain by Guns N' Roses, my original is called Mixin' the Bathtub Gin, a saucy calypso number featuring an extended kazoo and rainstick breakdown, which if anyone wants to get in on just say the word

also we got sued by Metallica for our group name, The Black Satan Metallica Stones of Rock and also Roll, which I don't see the problem but you know Lars and his fondness for legal action. so if you have an idea for a name do let us know

• Like 9

if you didn't get a chance to join last week just tell us your instrument and main influences

I play the keyboard... Dvorak of course. My main influence is the guy who invented soylent and only wears new clothes so he never has to do laundry.

My cover is Sound Blanket #14 from the $150 smart white noise machine the Nightingale, and my original is called the Divine Fulfillment of Perfect Productivity, a jumpy little ambient number that captures the feeling of optimizing your routines through gadgets and subscription boxes

• Like 5

Urinalcake, you come up a LOT in my private DM's from other forum users, and even tho I respect them and cherish their opinions, I gotta say, you seem a lot nicer than they would have me believe

• Like 6

should i use the dyson or the hoover for our jam session today? and don't say use the bissell because i stopped using them after it got unplugged during my last stage dive because the cord was too short.

for my cover song, i'm choosing "ridin dirty" by chamillionaire because i heard it again the other day and i can't get it out of my head, as kylie minogue once said. actually no, "can't get you out of my head" by kylie minogue is my song choice. my original piece is titled "Honey, The Baby Spilled Dry Cheerios (On The Living Room Carpet) – Extended VIP Mix" and it features an extended spoken-word opening that i'm sure one of you all will do splendidly with.

• Like 4

also i think we should call the band DJ Soggy Sugar and the Wet Sleeves

• Like 4

should i use the dyson or the hoover for our jam session ?

don't know a lot about vacuums but I'm pretty sure they're similar to violins in that the best ones are very old, so look for something with a nice patina, maybe one that's been struck by lightning so it has supernatural powers. it'd be nice to get a piece of that magical vacuum demographic. or just go with a standard dyson setup for a sure type thing

• Like 5

Good luck to the band. When it comes time for a show, I'll be in the front row wearing a huge smile and a tight t-shirt

• Like 7

For my cover I have to go with Karlheinz Stockhausen's "Mikrophonie I", but definitely not "Mikrophonie II"! That one was a total cash grab obviously released in the hopes of capitalizing on the success of original hit. For that cover I think we just set all the instruments out and throw a bunch of metal trash can lids at them or something. I'm not exactly sure, I haven't seen the sheet music yet. My original will be a sea shanty entitled "I Believe I See the Lighthouse" and the lyrics will seem like a metaphorical poem about someone or something being a guiding light in one's life, but in actuality it's just full of helpful tips for maritime navigation. Then at the end it's revealed to be daytime anyway so the lighthouse ends up being kind of an unnecessary observation. Even so, the ship still wrecks because I heard tragic endings sell better.

• Like 4

my cover is "feel it" by alex arbour and my original is freestyle noodling

• Like 7

just bought two of the new shirts and did lots of experiments and yes the boys do kiss if you and a friend hug while wearing them, but if you give your friend an upside down hug it's like H&S are 69ing themselves

and I got your PC culture right here, but instead it stands for Podcast Champions because this ep was total legend

Don't you mean 59ing?

• Like 5