๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Ideas for new Earwolf podcasts!

My idea was for an interview-type show, based around an unchanging list of questions.

In 1997, Dr. Art Aron conducted a psychological study to find out if close friendships could be artificially forced, fast-tracked (turns out they can). He developed a list of 36 questions, designed to get the interviewee to open up and share with the interviewer. The questions are open-ended and personal, e.g. "What would constitute a โ€œperfectโ€ day for you?", or "Share with the interviewer an embarrassing moment in your life", or "What is your most treasured memory?"

The podcast would thus be asking the guest this list of questions. The good part is that, given the background of the guests and the network, the guest can be as truthful or as comedic as they like, so the show (theoretically) needn't get stuck when a guest feels the question is too personal. It would, though, be more of a straight interview show than anything Earwolf currently has.

Anyone have any other ideas?

So would this be like taking the game "Lame or Totally" and making it one long episode?

I think it'd be pretty cool if Earwolf did their first live streaming show around the Super Bowl and have the Sklars host some sort of comedy pregame show. Have fans call in with Skype or have some sort of chat going where there can be some audience involvement and bring in some of the comedians that are more knowledgeable on sports. I loved Besser guest hosting their show and I think bringing the guys from Bear Down in as guests would be a no brainer. Maybe see if someone like Norm MacDonald would be interested or see if Harris can talk his boss Michael Schur at Parks and Rec to come on as he did run one of the greatest sports blogs of all time, Fire Joe Morgan. Matt Mira from Nerdist would also probably be a good guy to get.

I know Jeff was talking about how a live streaming show was something Earwolf wanted to try down the road on the Wolf's Den this week and I think something like this would be a great way to get their feet wet with it without committing to an entire live series. After it's done, a recording of it could be sold as a bonus episode or released as an Earwolf Presents. Even if the live thing can't come together (reliably streaming live audio is a different animal than just hosting podcasts in the bandwidth department and I'm not sure if the site is equipped to handle something like that yet) I think the show would definitely be a good fit for the 'Earwolf Presents' label.

Sign in to follow this