🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 69 — Yankovic Cove

You can't not love "Weird Al" Yankovic. We are lifelong fans and were more than happy to stamp his passport in Sklarbro Country. From his very first Jim Croce parody to his reception on Twitter, we loved learning about his three-decade-long reign as the King of Parody. Keeping in the theme of childhood heroes, we've invited Jesse Ventura to take a quick detour from his route to Mexico to hang out with us. Add live music from Jim Bianco, some Nickelback news, and the oddest stroke story we've ever heard, and you'll have an hour-and-a-half long vacation to amaze your friends with pictures from.

Confession: I could listen to Jesse "The Body" Ventura list website URLs all day.

The rugby stories player made me think of the scene in "I Love You Phillip Morris" when Jim Carrey lays on the stretcher in the hospital and decides he will live openly gay from that point forward.

RE: Chad Kroger: so the valance does not match the drapes?

Damn, Jim Bianco should pop in more often. That guy can keep up with the Sklars like nobody's business. And of course, Weird Al was fantastic and extremely sharp, as well. Most underrated podcast on the internet right now.

HENDERSON!!!!!

At the start of the episode it sounds like someone is shouting in the next studio. On PROFESSOR BLASTOFF we learned that something like that happened to them and it was PFT. If it was PFT, please tell me that Al got up and went over and screamed at him to stop being so loud and the circle of life is complete!

Mixin' it up @ Sklarbro Country - I've enjoyed many episodes of Randy & Jason's masterpiece of a podcast, and they always had a particular structure to each show (music, news/Sklarbitration, guest interview, quick-hits, surprise guest). This time, they switch it around with the awesome music stylings of Jim Bianco, and then straight to a great interview with parody-genius Weird Al Yankovic. If that weren't enough, it was followed by a HILARIOUS segment of "Quick Hits". Wonderful contributions from both hosts and guests.

As much as I like the regular formula of a Sklarbro Country podcast, it's a great surprise when they mix it up. A memorable 69.

I concur, @Charlie. It's awesome when the guys change it up every now & then, especially with some killer live music- and Weird Al was super funny. I knew this one was going to be funny when they announced the guests but it was even better than I had predicted. Holla.

Sign in to follow this