🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SeveralCircles

Does anyone else think Eardrop should autoplay?

I'd click on a lot more of the ED links I see around twitter and such if they played immediately, rather than taking an extra step of clicking play on the linked page. I realize this may sound lazy, but I'm pointing it out because I think other people might agree.
Clips this short need extreme convenience to work, and I want Eardrop to work.

This is something we thought about, but ultimately decided that because a lot of people will be clicking in from Twitter, most of them being first time users, autoplaying would just be annoying to people who don't really know what Eardrop is. We may implement autoplay when the referring page is already in eardrop.fm (for people clicking around on the website who know what Eardrop is), and maybe a setting somewhere once we have login/record functionality on the website.

Thanks for the suggestion David.

Wait, is there some new Eardrop episodes I'm not seeing? If not, who is tweeting six-month old show links?
I'd like to hear more Eardrops as well but I kind of thought the problem was a lack of interest from the contributors (other than Doug Benson who at least made it his personal what's up hot dog thing) rather than it being an inconvenience for the listeners.
On the other hand, Earwolf has so many great new shows, many of the former Eardrop contributors now have weekly commitments to the network so using their material on Eardrop might not be so wise now.

Sean, I can't tell if you're kidding - Eardrop 2.0 is all over the everything. No full episodes yet (wait, it will eventually be in episode form, right?); for now individual drops can be heard at eardrop.fm during the beta testing and whatnot.

Edit: Shahruz, that sounds like the perfect solution - if the site remembered me and had autoplay on, that is. And/or if links I clicked from my twitter app opened in an Eardrop app and the same thing happened.
That should just take a couple hours to throw together, right?

David, yes, auto play would be great. I loooove Duca's show, but they're so short that if would be ideal if they could be streamed in a row.

Sign in to follow this