🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 056: The Movie Posters of James Bond

Matt and Matt take you on a journey of all 25 official one sheets for James Bond. Iconic imagery and weird poses that sometimes defy the laws of physics. We cover it all this week.

I was looking at them along with the episode, and the Matts didn't make nearly enough out of how ridiculously long their legs are on the Octopussy poster.

• Like 1

I was looking at them along with the episode, and the Matts didn't make nearly enough out of how ridiculously long their legs are on the Octopussy poster.

So I did some research as I celebrate the New Year, and it looks like Bond and Octopussy are around 8 to 8.5 Sir Roger Moore's heads tall, which is meant to depict superheroic scale in the visual language of illustration. That checks out. The weird thing is that their legs make up like 4.5 Sir Roger Moore's heads of that height, so they are more (Moore?) leg than man or woman.

Speaking of Moore heads, I always thought Agnes Moorehead had a very Fleming name.

• Like 1

I'd say the reason why they started using "Ian Fleming's James Bond" with the Spy Who Loved Me was because this was the first time they completely disregarded what was in the book (apart from James Bond being in it).

Forgot I had this on my computer:

RWj3dKh.jpg

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this