🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Best of 2017 Pt. 4

Scott and Paul F. Tompkins conclude the Best of Comedy Bang! Bang! 2017 as voted by YOU listeners with numbers four through one on the countdown!

• Like 2

3.5 hours!

Also Mr. Microphone always makes me think of the Beck song "Cellphone's Dead" where he mentions it. If Beck is ever on CBB, Scott, you'll have to ask him about it

I have not yet listened to this episode --- but (SPOILERS!): It is a grepisode. Strong C+.

Does anyone know which Big Mouth characters they keep mentioning looking just like them? I can't figure out who they could mean. If I had to guess, Scott could be the wheelchair kid and Paul could be the rolly backpack kid? But those would be huge stretches and it's driving me crazy trying to figure out who they mean- they've mentioned it in a couple episodes now.

Does anyone know which Big Mouth characters they keep mentioning looking just like them?

Someone posted a screenshot on Twitter and Kroll responded that they were actually based on David Caruso and Dennis Farina. Nick, you poppin' my stones, bro?

• Like 1

Ohhh, OK. Yeah, I can kinda see Scott in the one guy, but I wouldn't have made that connection. Thanks!

If CBB ends, or ol' Scotty D quits as host, I'm going to, to quote PFT: "get very angry".

All joking a salad, Thanks for everything during the past 8 years and I will definitely follow whatever you are up to next.

They talked about Mr. Microphone and sang a three-syllable phrase to the tune of "Girls on Film". C+.

• Like 2

I remember tweeting that Simpsons parody at PFT and Scott the day that best of came out. But not to say "You were thinking of the Simpsons version" but specifically to say "Well the Simpsons writers remember it that way too, they even talk about it on the episodes commentary." Everyone is dumb except me!

Anyway I'm kind of feeling bad I haven't give them a Grandchild now. I would if I could.

I know they probably don’t read these but if an engineer could pass along thanks to SA&PFT for another great marathon sesh of best of episodes. It’s an end of the year highlight.

Love the show. Nearing #1 and still an hour left? “Yes!”

Possible changes?! Inappropriate amount of fear in my heart.

My sincerest thanks for all the hard work that goes into this podcast that brings me very sincere joy on a consistent basis.

I'm kind of shocked nobody except one lone person on here is talking about the "transition year" that Scott mentioned repeatedly and wistfully at the end of this episode.

My guess is he'll pass the baton to a young voice much like Trevor Noah taking over The Daily Show.

I'm kind of shocked nobody except one lone person on here is talking about the "transition year" that Scott mentioned repeatedly and wistfully at the end of this episode.

My guess is he'll pass the baton to a young voice much like Trevor Noah taking over The Daily Show.

I'm too scared to talk about it

Yeah, I don't want to acknowledge it either in the hope that any transition plans will just be forgotten. But it sounds like Hot Soccermom is starting to feel burnt out and might want more time to devote to other projects. New Comedy Bing Bongs are the highlight of my week, so I hope this doesn't result in any dramatic changes to the show - especially not a change of host. Scott is so underappreciated for the role he plays in making everyone in the room that much funnier. I can't imagine the show without his sensibilities.

But Scott's gotta do what's best for him; and no matter what happens, I'll still be grateful there are hundreds of amazing eps in the archive to keep me entertained.

Still hilarious to me that Scott (and sometimes Benny Schwa) defaults to the "Weird Al" version for almost every track in the Olympic Song Challenge - and this mix is legendary. Michael Hartigan, well done sir!