🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 179 - Second Sight: LIVE!

Omission:

Don't know if this was brought up or not but not only did Bronson talk to a bunch of psychics to prepare for the role, he also took advice from noted supernatural believer Shirley MacLaine in who to talk to about the subject. Apparently her advice was so good that Bronson paid homage to her in the film by having a picture of her tacked to the wall of his bedroom.

• Like 3

I knew what I was in for in this movie when their first case involved an art theft in which nothing is alarmed and the stolen object is hidden in a hollowed out pedestal. I guess I just don't understand what the criminal's endgame was. He stole something, but...just hid it? He didn't even take it out of the room. You'd think it would be much easier to pocket the thing and walk out the door than go through all the trouble of getting (or making) a suitable pedestal to hide it in. (Are all the pedestals hollowed out? How'd they get the decoy one in there without raising suspicion? ARGH!)

I know, I know...I’m quoting my own post.

I just wanted to add that there was only an eleven dollar difference between the “stolen” bust and the bust they break trying to locate it.

Why didn’t the thief just take both of statues? Or all of them?!? What was he thinking?

I suppose you have to be pretty incompetent to get nailed by the Second Sight Detective Agency, but this guy must have been some kind of next-level nincompoop.

• Like 3

I know, I know...I’m quoting my own post.

I just wanted to add that there was only an eleven dollar difference between the “stolen” bust and the bust they break trying to locate it.

Why didn’t the thief just take both of statues? Or all of them?!? What was he thinking?

I suppose you have to be pretty incompetent to get nailed by the Second Sight Detective Agency, but this guy must have been some kind of next-level nincompoop.

Wills said that their "cut" from recovering the stolen sculpture was $100,000, but they were left with only $11.35 after breaking one of the busts. So if their usual cut is 10%, the stolen sculpture was a million dollars to begin with? What's funny is that in the beginning, the lady (sorry, forgot her name) describes the stolen art as being "priceless." Well, apparently she was wrong because there was a price and it was exactly one million dollars. Also, the broken bust was $99,988.65? That's such an odd price. And it seems like a lot of money for a bunch of plaster.

• Like 5

Wills said that their "cut" from recovering the stolen sculpture was $100,000, but they were left with only $11.35 after breaking one of the busts. So if their usual cut is 10%, the stolen sculpture was a million dollars to begin with? What's funny is that in the beginning, the lady (sorry, forgot her name) describes the stolen art as being "priceless." Well, apparently she was wrong because there was a price and it was exactly one million dollars. Also, the broken bust was $99,988.65? That's such an odd price. And it seems like a lot of money for a bunch of plaster.

tumblr_mwzszinQc61rzik3go1_400.gif

• Like 4

My first question is...How exactly did a relatively new nun (based on the fact that she was in a relationship, as an adult) become seemingly the single biggest decision makers in the Archdiocese of Boston? I mean, she was calling the shots surrounding a major investigation regarding the kidnapping of a Cardinal!

Second...N.I.T was played by Marisol from MTV's Remote Control

• Like 3

My first question is...How exactly did a relatively new nun (based on the fact that she was in a relationship, as an adult) become seemingly the single biggest decision makers in the Archdiocese of Boston? I mean, she was calling the shots surrounding a major investigation regarding the kidnapping of a Cardinal!

Perhaps she was deep nundercover from the beginning and only acting new? Or she comes from a powerful nunning family (that reproduces through divine miracle, of course)?

• Like 2

Perhaps she was deep nundercover from the beginning and only acting new? Or she comes from a powerful nunning family (that reproduces through divine miracle, of course)?

Maybe she gained notoriety by coming in and teaching everyone how to sing R&B songs?

Whoopi-Goldberg.jpg

• Like 2

Maybe she gained notoriety by coming in and teaching everyone how to sing R&B songs?

Whoopi-Goldberg.jpg

A tale as old as time.

I just want to point out this is another movie i remember seeing as a child, not only seeing but when i saw the trailer thinking it looked good and could not wait to see it. Once again Jason and Paul point out how bad my taste in movies was as a kid. Other movies i liked as a kid they have destroyed include:

Sleepaway Camp

The Running Man

Mac and Me (although this one i saw in school)

Superman 3 & 4

Batman & Robin

Nothing But Trouble

Halloween III

and Mortal Kombat.

Please do not ever have an episode for the original Terminator!

PS this is my favorite podcast!

• Like 5

Please do not ever have an episode for the original Terminator!

Don't worry, that one is still good.

• Like 3

This was one of my all time favorite movies when I was a kid. I didn't get a chance to see it for the podcast, after hearing the episode it sounds like maybe that was for the best.

Nothing But Trouble

Have you seen Nothing But Trouble as an adult?

I liked it the one time I saw it as a kid. I was kind of surprised when I heard the episode on it. I certainly didn't remember it being gross. I eventually rewatched it a year or two ago and was literally nauseated seeing it again. The dinner scene in Nothing But Trouble is worse the dinner scene in Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

• Like 1

Correction (of sorts) - Necco wafers aren't just available in specialized candy stores. Maybe it's because I'm in New England, but they are in the candy at the checkout aisle. In case you impulsively decide to eat chalk...

Just a quick open question to the board, because I wondered about this while I watched:

So, this guy ...

fe9688735bfa2a2c679123351a7780e2.jpg

... sex symbol, yes or no?

tbh I'd hit it

• Like 1