🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 51 — Death of the Party

Are you prepared for the thrilling conclusion of Howard's T.G.I. Fridays swinging story? Are you nervous in anticipation of what new quizzes we've thought up? Are you a fan of the comedic stylings of Kyle Kinane? The answer to all those questions is clearly "Yes" so join us this week on Who Charted? where we'll update you on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart, give you the weekend Box Office scores, and play a thrilling round of Chart Darts. George Clooney may or may not show up!

Kulap taking Howard to task for dismissing Florence and the machine after listening for 30 seconds? Isn't that practically all that happens on this show ever? Glass houses

"What was that noise?! It's just my chips, man. I'm just opening my chips."

[attachment=10853,279]

Julia has the right idea. Ghosts N' Shit, please. I will gladly donate/record/edit/animate to make that happen, even if it's only a one-off Earwolf Presents.

Forget Matt Besser's new show, we need to give Howard and Kyle their own improv podcast!

Fucking hysterical. I love Kyle Kinane.

I was going to grump about chart-transplanting Pink Floyd for Coldplay, but the "Weird present sex" story more than made up for it. Has H Kremer ever been a monologist for ASSSSCAT? He has so many great stories, I would think he'd be a natural fit.

one of the best eps yet, sincerely.

Fuck Howard, stop bringing up great stories them then shooting them down!

Who Charted has been on fire over the past few weeks. This show has been great. By the way, Liam's new band is called Beady Eye. Howard would probably like them better the NGHFB because they're more upbeat.

Seriously one of the Top 3 episodes ever. Amazing banter. I've only heard Kinane a few times but this made me an instant fan.

Kyle brought restaurant themed jokes to a whole new level.

I listened to this episode while trying to bake a vegan pumpkin cheesecake. The hilariousness dulled the pain of the cheesecake flopping BIGTIME. Clapped my hands in glee at the news of Kulap being the next guest on Totally Laime - looking forward to it!

I still liked it better when the guests didn't know that the final chart was based on their life and times, but aside from that single nitpick, this was one of the best episodes of Who Charted? ever recorded. It was amazing, and this show kills it every week.

2 Points:

1) I agree with Chris's ^ point about the guest not knowing about the last chart, it was fun.

2) It's sad that Howard had to censor a moment because he was worried about the sponsors, I listed to podcasts so I can hear people talk unfiltered- unlike on all of the horribly bland corporatized shit on TV. I can see Earwolf becoming the "corporate podcast network" that everyone talks shit about as the content gets more and more watered down.

We are the least corporate podcast network there is, German.

Carolla, Nerdist, Maron have all been running their advertisements far more aggressively and for far longer. We've been running them for two weeks and trying to have fun with them. They have not affected any content nor will they. Ever.

We can only hope we outrace the other podcasts into becoming the first evil corporate podcast network!!! And I hope Kyle Kinane's Ghostblunters is what does it! :)

-D

Okay, everyone beat me to it but yeah this is one of the best episodes ever. Kyle's always great on podcasts. Howard's gift-sex story was great, but the suite wrap-up in the end made it one of the greatest stories ever told, made even more incredible since it was previously alluded to. I know no one cares about people's musical opinions on here, but man alive those songs in the music chart might be the worst collection on the charts yet. And I hate to be this guy, but I guess I can because Howard corrected Kulap on Deerhunter(s) - Apollo 9 is an Adam Ant song, not Adam and the Ants. Huge thanks for the show for making me check out more of his stuff than I'd known before. Anybody else think the weird sound in Apollo 9 sounds like the Thwomps in Mario 64?

I'm with Howard - you can totally figure out if you'll like a song just from hearing a short piece of it. Kulap seems to dislike very little in the vast genre of rock/pop, although I can't tell if she's aware that that's the way she comes off.

To be fair, the selected clip for Florence and the Machine didn't really provide a great indication of their general style. You might even say it didn't behoovre their oeuvre.

...I'll show myself out.

This episode killed. And it's because Howard and Kyle are in L-U-V. Duh, everybody knows.

Also, props to Kulap for keeping the train moving along just when it needed to.

Sign in to follow this