🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

What amazed me about this movie is that is was so cheesy that you expected it to be from the early 80s before anyone knew better, but it was made in 1989!!!

I still say it had to have been made in 1981 and was shelved for 8 years.

How the fuck has Paul not seen Teen Witch?

That being said, im glad that Jason recognized that "Top that" was reason alone to cover the movie.

Thank god! I know I want them cover it for the severe second-hand embarrassment I got from the sex scene... I think it was in a barn or something and it must've been one of the cheesiest things I have ever seen, but the Top That battle, so it's nuanced and effortless in it's awkwardness.

How far ahead do they plan the movies they do, is there a masterlist where Showgirls is being saved for a very special episode and Teen Witch has just been added? Does the amount of replies a film receives on it's thread in the forum boost it's position on the masterlist?

This is a great suggestion. Awhile ago I suggested the horrible yet amazing 1990 Tina Yothers movie "Laker Girls," but it's harder to find. "Teen Witch" is on YouTube. Bonus!!

<p>Ah, "Top That..."

Or, as I like to call it, the whitest rap ever committed to film. (I especially like the line "Look how funky he is." It sounds like a line out of "Black Dynamite.")</p>

Dear God!

I've never heard of this film... thankfully, but by fuck that was grim. Im not a violent man but i would have to have superhuman self restraint not to pummel everyone responsible for that atrocity. I was particularly upset with Geddy Lee dragging up and getting involved..

• Like 1

I'm sure this movie has been posted in the past but since this movie was just put up on Netflix I feel like this would be an amazing choice. And after rewatching it for the first time since the mid 90's, it is all I remember and so much more. The cliche 80s teen move tropes, the crazy musical numbers of "Top That" and "I Like Boys", and amazing 80s montage is reason enough this movie should be on the HDTGM radar.

I enjoyed how many of the "teenagers" looked like they were pushing 40 years old and how the nerdy cousin would fit in at any hipster party based on how he was dressed.

This is the first time I've bought a movie for an upcoming HDTGM. I've never seen it and I found it on a double feature DVD with The Heavenly Kid, which I have seen.

Sign in to follow this