đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
sagebeast

Swordfish (2001)

Oof, this movie definitely needs to be done. If you asked Renny Harlin to rewrite Hackers, but make it cool, throw in a little Pierce Brosnan James Bond and give it Matrix special effects and an M. Night Shyamalan twist ending Swordfish is what he would come up with. I can't remember what movie it was, but someone here described a movie as "everyone is an asshole" and I think that applies to this movie 100%. Everyone in this movie is an asshole and Travolta is king asshole.

• Like 2

It's back on Netflix

This film has replaced "The Cat in the Hat" as one of the live shows in Denver next month!

Any idea what happened to “The Cat in the Hat?” probably a better pick IMHO.

I remember seeing this one on DVD when it was newish and I was like 14. My family rented it as one of out first DVDs and my mom made my dad turn it off during the blowjob scene, so I don’t think I got to fully appreciate how goofy that scene was. Saw it again a year or two later and kinda liked it, but I feel like the only other thing I remeber besides Berry’s sweater pups is the ending.

On 3/25/2016 at 2:59 AM, Lando said:

Oof, this movie definitely needs to be done. If you asked Renny Harlin to rewrite Hackers, but make it cool, throw in a little Pierce Brosnan James Bond and give it Matrix special effects and an M. Night Shyamalan twist ending Swordfish is what he would come up with. I can't remember what movie it was, but someone here described a movie as "everyone is an asshole" and I think that applies to this movie 100%. Everyone in this movie is an asshole and Travolta is king asshole.

The greatest and most spot-on description of the film.
So much CGI and twists it makes heads spin. Hope they spend an hour just discussing the heist and the little balls.

On 7/12/2018 at 7:24 PM, CaptainAmazing said:

Any idea what happened to “The Cat in the Hat?” probably a better pick IMHO.

They replaced it with this movie so the gang can do a John Travolta double feature with "Look Who's Talking Too" instead.

• Like 1

This movie is one of my guilty pleasures. Not quite bad enough for the Razzies but definitely a movie where you can't worry about the story's cohesion. The fast pace probably helps with that.

I wonder how may takes they needed for the slurpy beej scene and who agreed to ADR the sound effects.

Five stars.

Fantastic pic for hdtgm. I grew up thinking this was a smart sexy sophisticated crime thriller. Then I actually saw it. What the fuck indeed.

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2018 at 12:36 PM, TrueBrapKino said:

Fantastic pic for hdtgm. I grew up thinking this was a smart sexy sophisticated crime thriller. Then I actually saw it. What the fuck indeed.

I feel like “I grew up loving this movie and now realize it’s garbage” describes half the movies they’ve done.

Sign in to follow this