🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
EvRobert

Musical Mondays Week 30 Preview (Joel_Rosenbaum’s 2nd Pick)

I can’t find it on Amazon or iTunes. Anyone find it?

Damn! I should have checked -- I assumed that availability would not be an issue.

There are six DVD copies available in my local library, though. I'm assuming it should be similar for others.

And Emily too! She was on the Hudson Hawk episode!

Honestly the nomination I'm most excited about.

OH FUCK! I forgot Emily was on Hudson Hawk!!! MY APOLOGIES EMILY!!!

• Like 4

I've never seen the movie but just the phrase "Pink Floyd musical" makes me think of Tommy

I was hoping the punchline would be "Laser Floyd"

file56318.jpg

almost assuredly showing at your local planetarium

• Like 2

Oscar Nominated Film: The Boss Baby

giphy.gif

If you start the CD at the Dreamworks logo The Boss Baby syncs perfectly with The Wall.

• Like 4

Other than the animated feature section, I honestly don't have major complaints about the Oscars this year. Some minor quibbles but everyone nominated for a major award is worthy (Im assuming for Denzel since I didn't get to see Roman J Israel).

There are six DVD copies available in my local library, though. I'm assuming it should be similar for others.

I think your library's cooler than mine. My library only has the DVD called "Pink floyd: the wall-before and after" but not the actual movie.

I think your library's cooler than mine. My library only has the DVD called "Pink floyd: the wall-before and after" but not the actual movie.

I think it’s on YouTube, albeit, broken up into parts. I haven’t hit play on it yet, though, so I can’t speak to its quality.

• Like 1

I think it’s on YouTube, albeit, broken up into parts. I haven’t hit play on it yet, though, so I can’t speak to its quality.

Oh cool - PM me a link please.

• Like 2

If you could actually do a group DM on that one lmao

Will do!

• Like 1

I had to create two groups, but I think I got everyone who might be interested. If I missed someone, please let me know!

• Like 1

I bought the DVD since I was purchasing a couple other things from Amazon.

I haven't seen Ferdinand but it has decent reviews. I assume I wouldn't like it as much as Lego Batman. But people are reacting like it's utter trash.

We could also be arguing just as much for Mary And The Witch's Flower which is wonderful.

• Like 4

I’ve seen both, and I think Captain Underpants deserves a nod over Boss Baby. Boss Baby is... not good. I have not seen Ferdinand (love the book, though). My son’s class saw it on a Field Trip. He didn’t seem too impressed.

• Like 3

I’ve seen both, and I think Captain Underpants deserves a nod over Boss Baby. Boss Baby is... not good. I have not seen Ferdinand (love the book, though). My son’s class saw it on a Field Trip. He didn’t seem too impressed.

What's really bonkers about Boss Baby is that the first, like, 15ish minutes are actually pretty good. Right as I was thinking, "Oh shit...is this movie actually not awful?" everything went to hell.

But also, Lego Batman was amazing and deserves all the accolades (Coco might be slightly better, but I love them both).

• Like 2

I love LEGO Batman, but I don’t think it deserves to win an Oscar or anything. That being said, I do think it deserves to be nominated over Boss Baby - which I could have sworn was nearly universally reviled. Hell, I’m sure Cars 3 (which I haven’t seen yet) probably deserves the nod over BB. I really don’t get it.

And, to be clear, I didn’t exactly hate Boss Baby. I think it’s just fine for what it is. But to see it nominated for an Academy Award is bonkers. I guess they just picked movies at random so Coco wouldn’t be up there by itself. ;)

Maybe they were trying to pick animated movies that weren’t part of a franchise..? But that still doesn’t excuse snubbing Captain Underpants.

• Like 3

Anyone surprised that Franco didn’t get nominated? A lot of people seemed to think he would, regardless of his recent controversies.

• Like 4

Anyone surprised that Franco didn’t get nominated? A lot of people seemed to think he would, regardless of his recent controversies.

Honestly, I wonder if that had any effect. The first woman to come forward did so after the Golden Globes, which was just a couple days before Oscar balloting ended. I really wouldn't be surprised if a vast majority of ballots were already in by the time it hit the news cycle.

• Like 4

I really didn’t think he would, I would have been surprised. Maybe less so after Golden Globes but it didn’t seem like the type of movie the Oscar voters in would be into

• Like 3

I thought he would get nominated. Or at least TDA would but not only have the controversies made him take a hit I just think the Academy universally doesn't respect comedies that much (anyone that says Get Out is a comedy didn't get the movie in my personal opinion). Because I also thought I, Tonya would get a BP nom but at least we have Margot and Allison to pick up the slack there.

What's weirder is I've seen some people traaash TDA on twitter because they think that Franco is picking on Tommy and that's why he doesn't deserve the nomination? Plus apparently people that don't know Tommy think that Franco really did a fucked up thing by not letting him speak at the Globes. I even had to tell my friend who had said "I wish he had let Tommy say something" that if he had they would have all been held hostage for the rest of the night by Tommy's non-acceptance speech.

• Like 6

[media='']https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGTVRbpAuRo[/media]

• Like 3

Just a head’s up, that link I sent you all has a bunch of silent moments (I think part 3 is completely silent). I found an eleven part link that seems to be better. I’ll PM all of you.

• Like 3

Just a head’s up, that link I sent you all has a bunch of silent moments (I think part 3 is completely silent). I found an eleven part link that seems to be better. I’ll PM all of you.

Don't you mean you're going to PF us?

• Like 1

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 1